Sunday, 31 May 2015

Beside the Seaside

This is my second card of the day.  Making this card brought back wonderful memories for me.  My Aunt and Uncle lived in Christchurch in Dorset.  Mum, Dad and myself would visit them every year and we would always spend a day at Boscombe and take a stroll along the pier.  I used to love spending the day making sand castles and eating ice cream.  My dad would sit in his deckchair with his trousers rolled up and so I always think of him when I'm using this stamp set (U-Mount Create-A-Scene Unmounted Stamp Set - Seaside.) The blue background card was stamped in Memento Desert ink using Inkylicious Seascape Memory stamps.

I used Ink Dusters to colour the sand, sea and sky with the following inks:
  • Impress - Cerulean Blue
  • Distress - Stormy Sky
  • Memento - Desert Sand                    
I stamped the pier and other images using Versafine Onyx Black and then water coloured them using various inks.  I ensured that the guy in the deckchair had a little more pink on his knees and tummy to show his sunburn! I finished the card by using Woodward Fluffy Stuff to create the sea foam.
I'm entering this card in the following challenge:



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love how you did the foam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Sandma, takes me back to my childhood! The foam is wonderful, looks so realistic

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colouring. Super card.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love colouring! thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...