Friday, 29 May 2015

D is for Doily

Hello my crafty friends.  I'm here today to bring you a card that I've made for the Butterfly Butterfly Challenge.  Their theme this time is 'D is for Doily.' I have to say that this one had me stumped for a while.  I bought a pack of heart shaped doilies from Joanna Sheen about three years ago and I have to confess that I've never taken them out of the packet, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so. Doilies for me; conjure up images of lace and fussiness and so I decided that I would make a fancy card, rather than just a plain one.  There's a lady I know who will be seventy seven in July and so I had her in mind whilst making this card as it's just the sort of thing she loves.

I started by die cutting the background in pale peach card with Spellbinders Elegant Labels Four and then mounted this onto a darker peach card to make it stand out more.  Butterflies and flowers are a match made in heaven, so this was the way to go but the card was still lacking something. I decided to use a spellbinders leaf die to add a contrast of colour with the green and I was then much happier with the end result. The butterfly die is by Memory Box and the tag is by Spellbinders.  The card was mounted again onto white card to match the doily and birthday greeting; and then finished by adding pearls. 

I've also entered this card in:

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, hopefully with some sunshine :)

16 comments:

  1. A very pretty card, I love the peach colour! Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge.

    Lesley, GD xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card Sandma, love the soft colours and the lovely dies. I gave been looking for some heart shaped doilies so will go see if they still have them at Joanna Sheen

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan for your kind comments. I've just looked and Joanna does still have the heart shaped doilies. Here's the link for you:

      http://www.joannasheen.com/craft-supplies/miscellaneous/royal-lace-4inch-white-heart-doilies/

      Kind regards x

      Delete
  3. You have chosen a lovely soft colour palette Sandra, perfect card for the current theme. I just need to get my act together an join in before it's too late.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Brenda. I would usually put peach with cream but I had to use white to match the doily. I'll look forward to seeing your card x

      Delete
  4. Classy and elegant design Sandma .Love the dies and peach colours. FABULOUS!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sylivia. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

      Delete
  5. Glad you were able to make this gorgeous card with someone in mind. Love the peachy colours and the hint of green does just finish it off. Thankyou for fluttering by # 31. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Butterfly” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely STUNNING! I LOVE that heart doily, the beautiful peach color, and the use of dies! Thank you for linking up with my Birthday Giveaway at On A Stampage! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Thanks for joining at Creatalicious: Butterfly
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...