Sunday, 3 May 2015

Flower Power

Here's my second card of the day.  It's one that I'm entering in the Stamping Sensations monthly challenge and their theme this month is 'Flower Power.' 
The main stamp that I've used is one that I've had for many years by 'The Stamp Man.'  It's from the Aspects of Design range (Gardening 3.)  I used to love calling in their shop in Skipton and getting lots of crafty advice from Jill. She always made time to put the kettle on and took time show me the latest inking innovations, such a lovely lady. After stamping the main image in Memento Rich Cocoa, I then used a variety of tiny stamps by Art Impressions and Flower Soft to colour around the trellis. The door is water painted using Garnet by Impress. The sentiment is also by the Stamp Man. As this month's challenge is called Flower Power, I thought I'd finish by adding some roses. I made the large one using Spellbinder's Rose Creations and the small ones were ready made.  The green leaves and tag are made by using Spellbinder dies. Well, that concludes my offerings for today so thanks for joining me. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend :)
I've also entered this card in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge as their theme is Lots of Flowers.

11 comments:

  1. And it is well worth the teasing wait Sandra, it's a sheer delight and the large rose looks almost real with the subtle highlighting of the veins.

    I remember the Aspects if Design range well and have a few tucked away, I used to love watching Kay demo her designs on C&C and in those days the techniques she used were far beyond me.

    Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations Challenge and also well done on being our April winner.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your very kind and generous comments Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Sandma, and the flowers are fabulous! I too have quite a few Aspects of Design stamps. I used to travel via Skipton quite often and always made time to visit their lovely shop.Such a shame it closed.

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us again at Stamping Sensations, and congratulations on your well deserved win last month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe it or not Lynne, I must have had the gardening stamps for at least six years and it's the first time I've used them. I just thought it would be a good one to use as I could stamp lots of flowers around the trellis. Thank you for your congratulations and kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card, Sandma and perfect for our Flower Power theme at stamping sensations this month. I too have a fair stash of Aspects of design stamps ;o)
    Congratulations on your win last month x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful.gorgeous image and i love your pretty flowers and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think all of your cards are fabulous :)

      Delete
  7. So cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Sandma, love the image and the flower soft and gorgeous roses really set it off perfectly, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...