Saturday, 23 May 2015

Heavy Metal Butterfly

Well here we are again with another long Bank Holiday weekend.  That means lots more time for crafting so I'm really happy about that:)
I had a lovely surprise on Thursday when I saw that I'd come third in the Top Three of the Butterfly Challenge, so I'd like to say a big thank you to Mrs A for choosing my card as one of her top three and congratulations to all the other winners.  I love making cards with butterflies so this challenge is right up my street. Their next challenge is to make a card with a butterfly using a doily somewhere on the card, and I have to say that I'm finding that one more of a challenge and so my work is in progress and I hope to show you that in a later post.
This card is for this week's Less is More challenge which is to use some metal on the card.



I had a look around and found a pendant which I thought would be perfect for this challenge. I ended up having to mount the butterfly with silicone glue as it was quite heavy and wouldn't stick with anything else. I'm still having to work really hard on these challenges as I'm always tempted to keep adding more!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope to be back with you very soon :)

14 comments:

  1. This is one very elegant card Sandra and that butterfly is gorgeous.

    Apols for being a bad blogger, not been too good again. Hope you have a good holiday weekend, dare we hope for sunshine ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Have a nice weekend, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great on keeping it perfectly CAS! And a beautiful combination! Enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. Thanks for the much appreciated visit xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful butterfly-and a beautiful CAS card :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB - love your butterfly

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Hope you have a lovely weekend! I should manage a fair bit of crafting, as it is half term - yipeee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sally. I worked for nine years as a TA in a primary school so I know how much you'll be ready this week off as SATs are exhausting! Take care and enjoy your well earned rest x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous butterfly, gorgeous card. Love the sentiment. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Sandma, that butterfly is simply beautiful!
    Lovely card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning take on the challenge and imagine owning such a beautiful pendant then placing it on a card. Simply perfect and a superb CAS card
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous butterfly and lots of lovely white space - super CAS card!
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous butterfly pendant and I like the way you've mounted it on the little squares. Just that and the simple sentiment are CAS perfection.
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. the butterfly is gorgeous! great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...