Sunday, 10 May 2015

Peaceful Sea

Hello friends and followers, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend. I've just got back from a walk with my lovely Hubby to a local county park. We were up early this morning so we thought we'd blow off the cobwebs and make an early start. The weather is looking good today and the sun is shining, so lets hope it lasts.
The card that I'm posting today is one that I've made for the Less is More challenge.  It's a one layer challenge and the focus is on water.
The stamps that I've used are by Inkylicious and the inks are Memento Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa, Impress Pale Aqua and Stormy Sky Distress Ink. I started by using Ink Dusters to create the sea and sand,  I then wet the duster and dragged it across the sea as this makes the water look more realistic than just having a solid colour. The Windswept stamp and sentiment were added and I gently dusted round the edge of the top half of the card in Pale Aqua to create a soft border. I did add small touches of Stickles Crystal Ice glitter glue to create glints on this sea but unfortunately; this doesn't show in the photo. I'm quite pleased with the outcome as I think the colours work together really well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll be back soon :)

41 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Sandma , lovely colours and I love that sentiment

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and sentiment
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous car, and a perfect water image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, striking, artistic and ABSOLUTELY brilliant!
    Love your take on our challenge - you have amazing talent
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sarah for your very kind and generous comment :)

      Delete
  5. How cool, I was browsing the Inkylicious blog yesterday. Your card is so beautiful.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Maarit. I just love using Inkylicious stamps, they are my favourites :)

      Delete
  6. And a stunning card it is! A little still life on a card! Enjoy the sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Gerrina, I really enjoyed making this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, Sandma, I love the colour combination x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great interpretation of this week's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome, so beautiful. And it looks so serene.
    Great take on the Lim challenge. Good luck.
    Greetings from Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card-beautiful effect-love how you have made this :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is very peaceful. Wishing I was at the beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! You weren't at the Oyster Stamps Daventry retreat in March, by any chance, were you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Squirrel. No, not me I'm afraid :(

      Delete
    2. Oh OK, we made cards just like this and I wondered. Wish I'd got the brushes now!

      Delete
    3. The Ink Dusters are fabulous for blending colours and making backgrounds, I use them all the time. I bought a brayer first but that was a bit of a non starter and I wasted so much card in the process! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Kindest regards :)

      Delete
    4. I agree - the dusters are excellent!

      Delete
  14. This is a gorgeous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so stunning.your sea scene is gorgeous and i love the sentiment ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous creation, such a peaceful scene executed beautifully.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This challenge was right up my street :)

      Delete
  17. Stunning!! I love the soft colours and the words are beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a real peace of art! I would absolutely frame it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Laura, that's really kind of you to say so :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...