Saturday, 16 May 2015

Here Comes the Sun

Hello my friends. It's been a very busy week here with lots of gardening, walking and card making, so all in all, life's good.  I'm doing the 5K Race for life tomorrow with my Daughter and my ten month old Granddaughter, so really looking forward to that and it will be great to have three generations of our family taking part in such a worthy event.  I recently lost a very special friend of mine to cancer and so I'm doing the race her name this year.  I'm sure that she'll be looking down and cheering us on.
On to card making now, the first card I want to share with you is one that I've made for this week's Less Is More card challenge and their theme for this week is Hello Sunshine.


If I'm honest, I wasn't sure that I'd be able to come up with a card on this theme, so I had a look through my stamps drawers and found a really old stamp by ALL NIGHT MEDIA called Celestial Sun. I thought the stamp would be perfect but it just didn't look right stamped on it's own as it looked lost, so I decided that I would mask off half of the card and create some sun rays.  I did this using Impress Lemon Yellow and Adirondack Peach Bellini inks.To give a clear impression on the sun stamp, I used a detailed black embossing powder and then coloured the image with red and orange Spectrum Noir pens. I used Spellbinder Labels One to mount and layer the image and then used a black dividing strip along the center of the card to match the mount and the border.  One of the things that I'm really loving about the card challenges is that it makes me move out of my card making comfort zone.  I would have never dreamed of making a card like the one I've done today but I'm really pleased how it's turned out.
The second card I want to share is one that I've made for my Brother's birthday in a couple of weeks.

I've made it using the Wetlands set by Stampin Up.  It's such a versatile set and fabulous for making male cards which can sometimes be a bit of a struggle.
Well, that concludes today's offerings.  Hope to be back with you soon :)

8 comments:

  1. glad you rummages through your stamps, it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous inking and a great take on our sunshine challenge
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More
    PS. enjoy the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cards and good luck in the race!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sun card - very mystical!

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards, I love the way you've blended those sun rays.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More GD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sunshiney card and your man card is pretty impressive too.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great design on your first card! Classy and elegant! And the birdstamp on the second is one of the few SU stamps that I really like and you made a great livingspace for them! Gerrina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sunrays you created! Hope your race went well.
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...