Sunday, 24 May 2015

Things with Wings

Hello, I hope you are all enjoying today.   My Hubby and I went for a lovely long walk before breakfast and I have to say that nature always seems to be at it's finest early in the morning.  We saw two swans and their four very fluffy signets, gracefully making their way across the water, it was such a beautiful sight.
I spent lots of  time card making yesterday and here's the result:


I got some new stamps a couple of weeks ago from Inkylicious and it's the first time that I've really had chance to have a good play with them.  Out of all the different types of card making that I do, I love getting out the stamps and inks most of all.
I used a piece of silk art card and started with yellow ink first of all before masking off the sun. I then used several other colours to complete the background.  As I quite often have a problem with ink smudging on the art card, I decided to heat emboss my main image of the fairy and the toadstool.  I used a black glitter embossing powder to give it some sparkly magic. The Dandelion stamps at the bottom of the card are by Lavinia and all other stamps used on this card are by Inkylicious.
Inks used:
  • Adirondack Lemonade
  • Adirondack Peach Bellini
  • Adirondack Raspberry
  • Adirondack Pool
  • Versafine Black Onyx
  • Impress Olive Green
The card was completed by adding punched out butterflies. ready made flowers and die cut scrolls by Marianne.  I'm really happy with how the card turned out and I'm adding it to the following card challenges:

9 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you Sandra, there is something magical about nature in the early morning. It's the time of day I most enjoy a hack, or should I say enjoyed, all I can managed now is a bit of grooming and fussing.

    Gorgeous inkiness today and you can't beat Lavinia stamps for that magic touch.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooops and thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is very lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card, Sandma! the colours are just perfect, especially the sky. Your morning walk sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! i love the softly coloured background; it's so pretty behind the silhouette images. the corner dies are lovely and the tiny butterflies are so cute! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card exudes tranquility, serenity, and how delicate life can be. Its absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful-dreamy card! Just enough delicately inked on the card to give it that dreaming feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inking a masking to make the background and pretty silhouette stamps.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fairytale and fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more Challenge.
    Good luck and welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...