Sunday, 31 May 2015

Vintage

My third and final card of the day has a vintage theme to it.

I started by choosing a Vintage French Rose stamp by Inkylicious.  This seemed like a natural choice and I love the way it looks with the splash of red colour on the rose which I water coloured with Impress Old Rose ink. I coloured the background with Ink Dusters using the same colours as I had used on the main focal image. I then used various different stamps from the Inkylicious Elements 1 set stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa.  The two exception were the stamp and the butterfly which are by Artemo.  The butterfly was stamped in black and coloured using chalks. To finish the card, I tore around the edges to give more of a distressed and aged look and I then coloured round it, first in Distress tea die, then in Memento Rich Cocoa. I really enjoyed myself making this card as I love using inks and I have to say that I'm pleased with the end result. I'm entering this card into: 

5 comments:

  1. This is a perfect card for your Vintage theme Sandra and I'm always rather partial to harlequin patterns.

    Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sandma, great vintage feel to it

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the background and beautiful flower image.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choice of image ,beautiful details, and the design too, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...