Saturday, 6 June 2015

Birds

Hi there, I hope that you've all been making the most of the sunshine, despite the wind!  I'm just here with a quick post with a card that I'm entering in the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge which is 'Birds.' I bought quite a few new stamps recently from Inkylicious and this was one of them:

I started be stamping the birds using Versafine Onyx Black as this always gives a lovely clear image.  I coloured the birds using chalks.  The colour looks deeper in reality but I think the flash on the camera has bleached it out a little. The leaves were coloured using Marvy LePlume marker pens and then the colour was drawn out using a paint brush. I used Distress Tea Dye around the edges to give a vintage look as the name of the stamp is Vintage Birds. The card looked quite plain and so I added some leaves made with a Spellbinders die to echo the leaves on the main image.
I look forward to being back with you tomorrow morning with a post that is very special to me so I hope that you get a chance to look in :)

5 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful! I am off to Doncaster tomorrow for Stamp Magic, so I look forward to seeing your post when I get back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - the first thing that struck me is how elegant the subtle colouring is, like an old tinted sepia photo, so I thought it was deliberate. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got the level of colours just right on this one Sandra, the hints of green really make the birds pop.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, it looks so much like a page from an old Ornatholgy book. I love your card. So pleased you shared with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Sandma, the colouring is just right and its such a lovely stamp it needs little else, looks very elegant
    Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz this week
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...