Sunday, 28 June 2015

Blue as the Ocean

Hello my friends and fellow bloggers.  I'm here today to share a card with you that I've made for the Allsorts card challenge, their theme this week is: Blue as the Ocean

I started by using a sheet of copy paper to mask off the sea and sky and used Ink Dusters and Distress Stormy Sky to create the background. I used Memento Desert Sand for the sand and Memento Rich Cocoa for the grass and sentiment. I finished the scene by adding Woodward Fluffy Stuff to create the waves on the sand. The grass, birds and sentiment are all by Inkylicious.
Unfortunately, I will be taking a break from card challenges over the next couple of weeks as I have some special family birthday cards that I need to make. I will share these with you as a later date. I will still be visiting your blogs though so that I don't get total withdrawal symptoms!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday x

I'm also entering this card into the 'Make My Monday' Challenge - The Beach

17 comments:

  1. A lovely tranquil scene Sandra with great inking and stamping and what a lovely quote.

    Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful, Sandma! I love how you did the foaming waves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Sandma, love the scene and that lovely sentiment

    Joan

    Ps don't stay away too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Sandma, I love the scene and the sentiment
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely peaceful scene and the sentiment is so apt . jeni

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, love the tranquil scene.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Sandma :) Thank you very much for your nice comment on my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a little peace of nature where I would love to spend a few hours! So tranquil and beautiful! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing scene! Thank you so much for playing along with our Blue as the Ocean-challenge at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous sea scene and sentiment, lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tranquil scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, very calming.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'As Blue As The Ocean' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is just perfect for the scene and I especially love the water treatment with the "sketchy" darker marks...it really looks like water movement! I'm visiting from Darnell's djkardkreations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely lovely design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful! I love how you have made the waves, so clever!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely tranquil beach scene. My type of beach Thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...