Friday, 19 June 2015

Father

Hello all.  It's been another really busy week here but I've had a couple of hours this afternoon to get a little crafty. It was a hard card to make as I lost my wonderful Dad twenty five years ago and I still miss him so much. I have a picture of him next to my desk, so my Dad has been my inspiration for this card, I'm sure he would have loved it!


I took an 8 x 8 cream card and sprayed it with bronze Cosmic Shimmer to make a distressed looking background.  The stamps that I've used are from the Stampman's Nautical Set which are fabulous for any masculine cards. I coloured a sheet of cream card with Starburst Stains and then I stamped over it and cut out the images before mounting them on the base card. I had a piece of paper that I'd previously stained and I used this to create a strip down the left hand side. I added a strip of gold card down the middle just to break it up a bit but this looked too bare and so I added four brass fasteners which I thought worked quite well.  I finished a adding a 'Father' stamp which I cut out using a Spellbinders Die. The stamp is by DENAMIDESIGN.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

18 comments:

  1. What a great card - love the stamp collection. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back again to say thanx for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz too :)
      Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

      Delete
  2. I do feel for you Sandra, it's five years since I lost my Dad and miss him so much and it's always that much harder at times like this.

    It's a great card and I have a feeling I have those stamps lurking somewhere along with quite a few from the same source.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Brenda. It's a petty that the stamps aren't available any longer as they were great value and so versatile.

      Hope you have a lovely weekend too x

      Delete
  3. A lovley card, you have designed your card with various elements very well. Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Sandma, I have all those stamps somewhere, think They have been brought out again by woodware, they seem to gave reissued a few of the old stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card sandma, great stamping and I like the design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful Father's Day card, Sandma...so sorry to hear of your Dad. Big hugs! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again, same applies as above. So pleased you joined us for our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card with some super stamps. Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Lovely to see you joining in at Fussy & Fancy Friday and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...