Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Funky Snowmen

Hi there.  I'm here today with my first card of the week which is another one to add to my Christmas collection.  I've taken colour inspiration for this card from the Merry Monday challenge. I wouldn't ordinarily use lime green on a Christmas card as I tend to do more traditional cards but I like the finished product and it will be great card for a young person.



I started by stamping the snowmen with an Anita's stamp and then created a mask out of copy paper for them before stamping the large Christmas tree behind them.  I stamped the tree with Impress Emerald ink before water colouring it to give a fuller effect. The sky was Ink Dusted with Distress Broken China and I then added three punched out snowflakes to give some contrast. I used Woodware Fluffy stuff to give the snowballs dimension and then sprinkled them with silver glitter to give a snowy appearance, I also used Ice Stickles in front of the snowmen and on the Christmas tree for a sparkly effect.
I've had to take the photograph from a side angle as this was the only to show the glitter and snowballs to their full effect.  Unfortunately, because I've taken a close up, the sentiment looks a little out of focus which it isn't in reality.  Hope to be back with you all soon but until then, enjoy the rest of your day x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Awww, your little snowmen are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous Christmas card, Sandma! I love the lime green and the snowmen are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect image to use for the challenge this week. Pretty scenery with all the glitter! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene and like all the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR June challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I love this darling image. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww - these happy little snowmen are adorable Sandma! The lime green is perfect with the red, and I love the sparkle!
    Have a happy week - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the snowman's sparkly hat. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your use of masks and Distress Ink on this fab card. Thank you for joining us at CHNC Extra.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...