Saturday, 20 June 2015

Wings

Hi there, I'm here again with my second card of the day.
I've made this card for the 'Penny Black and More' challenge.  Their theme this month is 'Wings,'  so here's my contribution:

I started by colouring the background with chalks.  I used a make up sponge and scrunched up cotton wool to give the delicate subtle tones that I wanted.  I dusted some Distress Fired Brick ink on the bottom of the card to give it more depth as I felt that it looked too pale with just the chalks. The stamps that I've used are from the 'Wetlands' set by Stampin Up.  I haven't had the set for very long but I'm absolutely loving them as they're so versatile. I stamped the goose on the base card and then cut out a second one which I placed over the top and then gently coloured with a beige chalk.  All black stamping is done by using my favourite; Versafine Black Onyx.
Take care and enjoy your weekend :)


5 comments:

  1. You have created a lovely subtle and graduated background Sandra and love the Goose and classic style of your card. I have been after the Stamping Up set for ages but don't know anyone who sells them in my area.

    So pleased you have joined us at Penny Black and More challenge this month, many thanks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Sandma, love your colours, I love the wetlands set too

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A gorgeous card, Sandma! I love the colours and that stamp set is wonderful (I have had it on my wish list for some time!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! I love sceneries and thia is a beauty! Enjoy your sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, great stamping and just perfect for this month's challenge .
    Thanks for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Wings & Things' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...