Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Feature a Creature

Hello my friends and thank you for visiting my blog today.  The card that I'm here to share with you is one that I've made for this month's Stamping Sensations challenge and their theme is 'Feature a Creature.'  I thought that I'd get ahead with my Christmas cards by using a Create-a-Scene Christmas set by Sheena Douglass and all the stamps on this card are from the same set.


The colours that I've used are Impress Olive Green, Distress Tea Dye and Memento Rich Cocoa.  I started by stamping the deer with the Memento ink and then used a water colour brush to bring in the colour.  I then went a little crazy stamping lots of different sized trees to frame the deer. I used a branch stamp at the top of the card and also used the same stamp to create a frame on the background card.   I used Tea Dye around the edge of the picture and the background card to give the card more of a vintage feel. I added a bit of sparkle to the trees to give the effect of shimmering snow.   I'm happy with the end result and I hope that you like it too.  :)

I'm also entering the card into the following card challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I love your card, a great way to use the stamps to create the background paper. So pleased you joined us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this scenic stamped card - perfect for or the no designer paper challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz! Sharon GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card Sandma, lovely deer and great design for your background paper

    Thanks for joining us at Carz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very striking design, Sandma! The vintage effect really suits it, and I like the branch border. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb stamping and a wonderful card. Like it very much! Thanks for sharing over at Stamping Sensations and Good Luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love all the different sizes of trees and the added sparkle. I'm glad you joined us again this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely. Great stamped border

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card! A place to walk in... Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandma--The earthy colors you utilized exudes such a warmth and tranquility about this card, its a great masculine piece as well. Thank you for the sweet comment that you left on my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! What a gorgeous card and perfect for our Feature a Creature theme this month. Thanks so much for joining in at stamping sensations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Sandra (rather belatedly I'm afraid) and perfect for our theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful - love the background you've created.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz,

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...