Saturday, 11 July 2015

I'm Back!

Hi there to all my friends and fellow bloggers, I'm back after a wonderful week away in the Lake District. The weather was mostly kind to us, other than a couple of days where we had a few showers.  It was my Husband's birthday while we were away so we celebrated by having a day cruising on Lake Windermere.  Here's the card that I made for him:


I saw a card posted recently by:   http://www.sueplayingwithpaper.blogspot.co.uk   which I really liked and so I decided to do something very similar as I'd recently bought the 'Create A Scene - Boating' by Inkylicious and hadn't had a chance to use it.  As I loved the colours that Sue had used, I also kept them the same.  It seemed a very fitting card given that we would be in the Lakes on Hubby's birthday.
Although I haven't made any new posts myself, I have really enjoyed visiting your blogs to see your wonderful creations and to leave the odd comment or two. 
I have a card to make this week for our Granddaughter's first birthday so I hope to share that with you after the event in a couple of weeks. It's also our son-in law's 30th next week so I need to get my act together.  I don't know about you but I always find that making cards for my nearest and dearest are the hardest ones to make as I always want them to be perfect.
Enjoy the rest of your evening and I hope to be back with you very soon x

7 comments:

  1. A stunning creation Sandma - this boating scene is perfect for a masculine card. Love the reflection in the water and the inky colouring. Belated Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    The Lakes is one of our long-time favourite places to visit - it's so beautiful, (we are staying for a few days later this year - can't wait!)
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Syliva. We absolutely love the Lakes too and we usually go at least once a year. I used to love visiting 'The Paper Mill' just outside Kendal but sadly; it's gone the way of most craft shops now....online! Still, I have many wonderful photographs to give me some inspiration when it's needed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Sylvia, I've just realized that I don't have my glasses on. Sylvia, not Syliva!

      Delete
  3. A glorious card is super colours Sandra, it so perfect for a masculine card.

    One of the boys went of to the Lake District Friday for a week so I hope the weather stays kind for, he was reluctant but his girlfriend so wanted to go there rather than abroad.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful card and perfect for z man too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Sandma! We spent our honeymoon in the Lakes. We love it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a stunning scene! Love the purple colours and still think it is a card so suited for a man! Have a colourful week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...