Sunday, 12 July 2015

The Happy Wanderer

Good morning.   I'm here today with a card that I've made for this week's Less Is More Challenge.  It's a one layer card with a 'Masculine' theme.
I've used two stamps and a sentiment from the Hiking set which I've had for many years by the Stampman. I stamped the images and sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx and then coloured the boots and rucksack with Dovecraft Chalks and some soft artist pastels.  I stamped the grass at the base of the card using an Inkylicious stamp and Impress Olive Green Ink.  I then used a blending tool around the edge to give more depth and to draw the eye in.  I used Distress Stormy Sky ink to gently colour around the sentiment to give a sky effect, although this doesn't show too well in the photograph.  I've left lots of white space in the center of the card to give a CAS look.

I'm also entering this card into the latest 'The Male Room' challenge.  Their theme is to make a male card based on a song title.  The song that I've based my card on is:

 'The Happy Wanderer' ....... My knapsack on my back.

I think this song title sums up my card, given that it has walking boots, a rucksack and a fitting sentiment on it.  I remember singing this song at school many, many moons ago! :)

Also entering in:   Country View Challenges - On your Travels

17 comments:

  1. FAB make and images - perfect for the song title challenge and the LIM too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card sandma, I like the boots and backpack and the sentiment
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sandra, I too have a good few of those old Stampman stamps, well overdue for inking again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Sandma, think I have that set of stamps somewhere, I used to love going to the Stampman shop in Craven Court

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic masculine card Sandma - brilliant images and colouring, and a great take on the challenge themes!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Sandma! simply wonderful! Another stamp set we have in common! You have excellent taste in stamps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card for anyone who enjoys the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous masculine card.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun and fabulous card, brilliant image and sentiment and a gorgeous scene you've created
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  10. I apologise for my lack of comments over the past couple of weeks, but I'm now back from my cruise and ready for visiting once more!
    This is great Sandma, perfect for a chap!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun card! So CAS and you get in the mood for walking right away! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect card for a guy Sandma!
    Thank you for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great masculine images and I really like your gentle blending of the blue and green.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card and perfect for the song too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah yes, that song brings back some memories! Great card to go with the song title. Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, love the hiking theme and the verse on your card. Goes well with the song title. So sorry to be so late commenting (summer holiday!), thanks so much for playing along with our Song Title challenge at The Male Room. Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your card - and the quote is fabulous - not read the Tao te ching for years - need to find my copy and look for more wisdom! Thanks for joining us at Country view challenges this month and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...