Saturday, 22 August 2015

Roses

Hello my crafting friends.

I'm here with you today to share a card that I've made for this week's Allsorts challenge #325. Their theme is 'Roses.'

The main focal point of my card is a stamp that I've used by ALLNIGHTMEDIA which I believe is an image by Anna Griffin. I stamped the image with Versa Mark and then embossed it with a fine black embossing powder. The Rose itself was coloured with Spectrum Noir markers and I've coloured the leaves by starting with a pale water coloured Impress Olive Green and then I've gone over it with Marvy LePlume markers to vary; and to give a greater depth of colour. I then dusted around the edge of the image before mounting it on various Spellbinder dies, alternating from red to white to give the card contrast.  I finished by creating a bouquet of Roses.  I created the largest Rose and the leaves myself and the other Roses we ready made. The birthday greeting is by Stampin Up.

I'm also entering the card in the following blog challenges:
I look after my Granddaughter through the week and we spend a lot of time at our local park which has quite a large Rose garden.  Here's a photograph of a 'Peace Rose' that I took last week, it's definitely one of my favourites. I took the photograph as I hope to replicate the colours with my Spellbinder Rose Creations in the near future.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope to be back with you soon with some exciting news as our Grandson is due to be born this week :)

Added Later
Here's my attempt at a 'Peace Rose.'  I'm happy with the Rose but I need to work on the colour.  I used Lemon and Pink but it's turned out more peachy!  :)


8 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,

    Just a quick visit to say hi as I do a mega catch up with my fav blogs after hols, lovely work as always and glorious roses both the photo and your card which is perfect for our Allsorts theme, many thanks for joining in. Will look out for the annoucement.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Sandma! A gorgeous photo as well. My Dad had a wonderful Peace rose for about 35 years. I will look forward to your announcement very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sandma, I have that lovely rose stamp too, you have coloured it beautifully and I love the cluster of roses in the corner

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. You have coloured the roses beautifully and your card design is lovely.

    Thank you for joining us this time at Creative Inspirations

    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - what a stunning stamp and you've coloured it beautifully, the red die cuts make it a very eye catching card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandma, this is absolutely beautiful! The roses are stunning and I love the design and the strong colours. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card absolutely perfect for this weeks challenge too. The rose peace has a beautiful fragrance and is one of my favourite roses too.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Roses' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your choice of image ,beautiful details, and the design too, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...