Sunday, 2 August 2015

Sewing Mends The Soul

Well, I can safely say that it's been a lovely relaxing weekend for a change and I've had chance to get my stamps and inks out again today :)
The card that I've made today is for a favourite of mine, the 'Stamping Sensations' challenge.  Their theme this time is:

August challenge - Anything Goes with a stamp and a die and here's the card that I've made:


I started by stamping the main focal image and then coloured it with Spectrum Noir markers. The image was then cut out with a Spellbinder Labels Eight die and then mounted again on a Spellbinder Decorative Labels Eight, which I coloured around the edge with the same colour as the corset.
Next, I stamped border of thimbles and stamped the other elements on the card.  As the corset had red flowers on it, I decided to ink round the edge of the card with a similar colour and I think this works quite well as it seems to give the card more dimension. I still felt that the card was missing something and so I made a rose using Spellbinder Rose Creations. This tied in nicely with the red on the main image and the red around the edge of the card and I'm happy with the end result.

Stamps used:
  • Stampendous - Corset
  • Thimbles and Sewing mends the soul - IndigoBlu
  • Other three stamps - Inkylicious
Inks used:
  • Memento - Rich Coccoa
  • Distress - Fired Brick Red
  • Black Onyx - Versafine
I hope that you've all had a great weekend and I look forward to seeing your wonderful works of art. Take care, stay happy and I'll see you again soon x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sandma, I have this fabulous stamp, you have done a wonderful color on this image, love your flower.
    hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Sandma, I love the thimble border

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Sandma. I love the framed corset, and the Rose is AWESOME!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Sandma! Love the thimble border! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful card, Sandma! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a beautiful card, Sandma. Love the image and your gorgeous red rose. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rather belatedly Sandra as I am literally just back from holiday, but wanted to say thank you for joining in our stamp and die theme at Stamping Sensations this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...