Friday, 14 August 2015

Summer Flowers

Hello my friends.

I hope that life's been treating you kind.  I've been lucky enough to have a few spare hours today and so I spent them in my craft room doing what makes me happy :)

The card that I want to share with you today is one that I've made for this month's Penny Black and More challenge which is 'Summer Flowers.'  I've pondered over this one for the last week or so as I have so many flower stamps and wasn't really sure where to start.  When I think of Summer, I think of Summer colours which are the sunshine colours......yellows, oranges, and reds; and so this is where I started..............

I started my card by using Ink Dusters to colour the whole of the white matt card with Impress Lemon Yellow.  I then masked off the sun and dusted yellow and orange ink around it.  I pinched the Ink Duster to make shadows across the sun and in the rest of the sky.  I knew that I wanted to make a statement with the red poppy and so this was the first flower that I stamped.  I then replicated the stamp using fine detailed black embossing powder and coloured it with Spectrum Noir markers. Once I was happy with the colour, I then glued it on top of the original Poppy stamp. I then went on to stamp various wild meadow flowers in Memento Rich Cocoa along the bottom of the card. I thought that stamping in brown, rather than black would give a more subtle effect and blend in better with the yellow and oranges. Once this was done, I dusted orange and red ink along the base of the card to give it some depth.  I finished the card by adding a Tortoiseshell Butterfly which I printed off and then cut it out to give a more realistic effect. I also stamped on orange card and cut out a stamped image to make the words 'Live, Laugh and Love' which I think are perfect Summer sentiments.  The base card was cream and so I mounted the image onto a vibrant orange card to match the butterfly.  I'm really happy with how the card turned out and for me, it does conjour up images of Summer; and of Summer flowers.
Stamps used are by Inkylicious and Lavinia; and inks are by Memento, Adirondack and Impress.
I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sandma, I love the scene and the gorgeous butterfliy
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Sandma, love this beautiful floral scene, stunning colours.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully designed and so creative! Absolutely gorgeous!!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. an absolutely beautiful card Sandma, a lovely summer scene

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card ! Thank you for joining us at the Artistic Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Sandma, thanks for joining in the fun at The Artistic Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sandma... Love the Poppy....stunning card...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flower card, lovely indeed.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more.
    Please add our link to your posting, so you are eligable for the prize draw;-))m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mervi, thank you for your kind comment. I already have your link in the second paragraph of this post; above the picture. Do I need to do something different to this? Please let me know :)

      Delete
  9. A beautiful card Sandma. I love the floral stamping combined with the gorgeous Poppy image.
    A very lovely Summer scene and the clking finished it off perfectly.
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind comments Shirley x

      Delete
  10. Hi Sandma - this is beautiful. Love the inking job you have done with this and the colours are just gorgeous - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS:- I have joined your blog and would be over the moon if you joined mine - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your kind comments and for becoming my latest follower. I have now reciprocated. I love the name of your blog and will look forward to seeing your cards. Regards, Sandma x

      Delete
  12. Wow - some great dusting going on here Sandma! You created a wonderful meadow scene, and the Poppy is AWESOME. Love it!
    Have a happy weekend - Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Sylvia for your kind comments x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm late to the party on this one Sandra but couldn't miss a peek at Poppies, a glorious card.

    Many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your choices of stamps, beautiful details and the design too, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely - love the golden haze of the sun (wish we'd had a bit more of that in August!), and how the poppy really pops against the background.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...