Friday, 18 September 2015

Autumn Leaves

Hello there, I hope to find you all well and happy :)

I'm here today with a card that I've made for the 'Fantasy Stampers' challenge and their theme this time is 'Autumn Leaves.'  I absolutely love Autumn and I always think of it as Mother Nature's last throw of colour before Winter sets in. Here's the card that I've made:


I started by printing off the 'Tree of Life' poem on the computer and then stamped on a tree by Crafty Individuals using a Big and Juicy ink pad (Spice). Next, using the same ink pad, I stippled and sponged over the tree. I then masked off around the edge and then stippled and stamped with leaf stamps to create a narrow border.
I took the Big and Juicy ink pad and pressed it down onto my craft mat.  I then spritzed with water used a piece of peach card which I coloured with the wet ink. After drying the card with a heat gun, I took the stamp that I had used for the main image and stamped it all over using the same ink pad. I mounted the main image onto cream card and then on the coloured peach card.  This gave me the wonderful Autumn colours that I'd hoped to achieve. I then matted and layered several times, finishing with red.
Working on the colours of Autumn, I cut out different shaped leaves in red, gold and green and then mounted them around the edge of my card.
I think the poem, stamp and colours work together beautifully and I'm happy with the finished card.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

20 comments:

  1. Sandma this is gorgeous! Loving the Autumn theme and the way you have used the tree stamp and poem so beautifully. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a beautiful card Sandra and such lovely warm Autumnal colours.

    Many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely design and warm colours. Thank you for playing with us at the CraftyIndividuals challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! Truly beautiful. Fabulous design. Love all of the elements. Thank you Sandma for playing along with the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very attractive autumn card. Your tree is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers Caz .DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Sandma,move the poem and how you have used the tree stamp in your background too

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Sandma, I love the tree with the verse and all the lovely autumn leaves
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Sandma, such beautiful autumnal colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the tree stamp, and beautiful leaves! Just perfect for the Autumn Leaves theme at Fantasy Stampers challenge, thanks for joining us x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely autumn card and beautiful sentiment.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more.

    If you are interested Mervi’s Candy & Challenge is going on at my blog till the end of September;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Autumnal card ..... gorgeous colours! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful autumn themed card. Loving the colors and fabulous design. Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project... lovely stamping!!
    Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card and gorgeous tree image. I love the die cut leaves too.
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card Sandma, beautiful colours and the leaves add a lovely embellishment.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I've just seen that the words need o be stamped and mine are computer generated so I'll delete the card from your challenge and make another one :)

      Delete
  16. Love this tree stamp (and other CI tree stamps for that matter...). Great idea to use it in the background mats and the transformation of what really is a winter tree into an autumn one with the inks is also inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for joining us at Crafty Individuals with your lovely creation
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely autumn card, and I especially like the colours and the gold details. Thanks for joining the ATSC. Hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully autumnal! Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...