Saturday, 24 October 2015

Birds On A Wire

Hello there, 

Just a quick post today with a card that I've made for this week's 'Less is More' challenge which is a sketch.   When I saw the sketch, I knew that my birds on a wire stamp would be perfect for this challenge and here's the card that I've made:

 Here's the sketch that I've used:


I knew that I would be water colouring the birds and so I heat embossed them with a detailed black embossing powder.  This provides a barrier for the paint and also gives the image a nice, crisp outline.

The stamps that I've used are all by Inkylicious and the inks that I've used are:
  • Versafine - Black Onyx
  • Impress - Lemon Yellow, Mustard, Pale Aqua, tangerine
  • Distress - Fire Bricked Red
Enjoy the rest of your evening and I'll be back with you again tomorrow with more of this weekend's makes. :)

21 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super card Sandma, such a fabulous CAS design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing make, love your birds

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the birds and the sentiment go so well together, great card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous CAS card Sandma I love the birds
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch with this stamp.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super CAS crad Sandra and the birdes are colours beautifully.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great birds stamp. Great card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous colouring of those birds Sandma, simply beautiful card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is perfect for the sketcj and I love all the colours you gave the birds! Enjoy the sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely line od birds. Have a nice day, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful CAS card Sandma, beautiful colouring on your birds!..love your sentiment one I also use.
    Hugs
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great take on our sketch Sandma, perfect image and stunning watercolouring!
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply fabulous - love the birds and your colouring is amazing!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  15. A brilliant take on the sketch and I can't believe I've recently bought this bird on a wire set and never even crossed my mind to use it! Love how you've played it here and thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! A brilliant take on the sketch, love your vibrantly coloured birds!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous colouring Sandma - love your interpretation of the sketch. Love it!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Popped over from the LIM challenge blog to see these fabulous birds. Love how you've coloured them and such a fabulous and striking card x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your take on this week's sketch. Fab colouring too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the colours you used on those birds, this one layer card just looks fabulous.
    Sorry for the late visit!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...