Sunday, 25 October 2015

Evening in Africa

Good morning,

Are you like me and just love weekends?  It's fabulous having time to play, especially when I have so many new stamps that I need to try out.  It's like doing a 'Big Shop' as Peter Kay would say and not knowing what to eat first!  I'm absolutely loving the new Serengeti stamps by Inkylicious.  I bought both sets when I went to Stamp Magic at Doncaster last Sunday and I can really see me getting lots of use out of them, especially for masculine cards.

Here's a card that I've made with them for this week's challenge over at 'Allsorts'  Their challenge is to use Orange/Purple/Black or any two.

I decided to use all three colours as these would be perfect to use with my new stamps.  I gently dusted over the card with a Lemon ink and then masked off the sun.  Next, I gently sponged around the sun with Adirondack Mountain Rose to give more depth and to give the effect of a setting sun.  I was brave enough to spray my Ink Dusters with water and then drag them over the card to give a different effect, although it doesn't show too well in the photograph.  I just got away with it; but you have to be really quick when using a matt white card as I've done,  I did this with Impress Tangerine Ink.  I masked off the mountains and then dusted and sponged them with Memento Lulu Lavender ink.  All stamps used and been stamped with Versafine Black Onyx.  Once I was happy with the card, I then dusted around the edge of the card with the purple ink to bring it all together.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Orange, Black or Purple

Enjoy your Sunday x

14 comments:

  1. Totally Gorgeous, Sandma! You have captured the African sunset perfectly! This is also a wonderful way of doing those Halloween colours without making a Halloween card - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous depth of colour Sandra, one of my fav stamps as well and perfect for our Allsorts theme, many thanks for sharing your lovely card with us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card you have created Sandma, amazing scene! love these colours and details.
    Hugs
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenic card.
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week :)
    AnyOldCraft (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer, this is absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous application of the colours. And I just love the scene you've created. It's a work of art!
    Thanks for sharing this with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is beautiful the colours are just right whoever receives this is sure to love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous scene and beautiful stamping.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love your background. It has made the basis for a lovely scene.

    I am your latest follower. I live on the west coast of Canada...in the suberbs of Vancouver, BC.

    I see you must be near Doncaster. We go over toEngland about every 5 years and always go to Yorkshire as that is where my husbands mother was from. She was a young women from Filey when she met and married Al's Dad. She then joined the ranks of Canadian war brides and made her home over here...but her heart was always in Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Sandma, you have created a wonderful scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by my blog, I think I'm now your latest follower x Yes I think our styles are similar too....so much so I bought these stamps too from a recent craft show....a little further North x. I love this very creative card you've made. The colours are fabulous and loving the idea about wetting the ink duster and using the mountain rose around the sun. Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally gorgeous! Great card for our theme at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning work...Love the colours you have chosen for this scene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautifully done.. love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...