Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Joy To The World

Hello there,

I hope that you're all keeping well and happy and finding time to craft. 

I'm here today to share with you a card that I've made for this week's 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown.  It's a Technique challenge this time of 'Emboss Resist' and here's the card that I've made:


I decided that I wanted my finished card to conjurer up images of Christmas morning,  so I started by stamping the sentiment and the snowflakes with a clear Versa Mark embossing ink and then heat embossing over a clear detailed embossing power to create the 'Resist Technique.'  I then set about creating an early morning sky by colouring with various inks using my Ink Dusters.  Inks used were:
  • Adirondack -  Butterscotch, Peach Bellini and Denim
  • Impress - Old Rose, Slate Gray
  • Memento Lulu Lavender, Tuxedo Black
All the stamps that I've used were freebies from a 'Simply Cards & Papercraft' magazine that I bought a couple of weeks ago and I used a Versafine Black Onyx to stamp in the houses at the bottom of the card as I find that it gives the best coverage. I felt that the finished image was still missing something and so I used a white Jelly Roll pen to dot on some snowflakes.  I mounted the finished image several times, including on a white embossed snowflake background to give the card a little more dimension.

I have to admit that I had several attempts at this challenge before finally settling on one that I was vaguely happy with.  Ordinarily, I would create a scene and then use white embossing powder to give the detail that I wanted but it's much harder stamping with a clear ink when you can't really see where you're going with it, or where you've already been!

Am also entering this card into the following challenge:
Hope to be back with you all soon x

15 comments:

  1. Great resist stamping Sandra and beautifully graduated colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. I love the sene you have created...so peaceful and serene...just before the madness that is Christmas morning when the house awakes...lol

    Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very beautiful card, the striking black makes the sky pop.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a glorious sky you've created ;-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the background and the black images, great E.F. too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous scene card you have created Sandma, beautiful inked background and house detail.
    Hugs.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! A wonderful resist embossed background and a lovely, serene scene. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing scene! Love the silhouetted village and the dawn sky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The early morning sky you've created is absolutely stunning! The black background and white mat really make the colors stand out. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card with us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sponging! And souch a great idea to take an embossed snowflake
    background and put snowflakes on your work! Have a good week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow-you certainly achieved what you set out to do, this is so beautiful.
    Now I wonder if I can still get that rooftop stamp set LOL!
    Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.
    Lynn x
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I really like the gorgeous sky above your skyline - it really glows. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous scene Sandra, love the beautiful sky, such gorgeous colours

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful! Congrats on your joint win on 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card, such a lovely silhouette image and great background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...