Sunday, 18 October 2015

The Wild Woods

Hello, I hope that you're all enjoying a relaxing weekend.  I've had a lovely weekend which included a trip this morning to the 'Stamp Magic' show at Doncaster, needless to say, I bought lots of goodies which I hope to share with you soon.

The card that I'm sharing with you today is one that I've made for this week's 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown which is called 'The Wild Woods.'

I decided to create a wintry scene and then use my Memory Box deer as the animals in the wood.  I used a winter branch stamped with various shades of green at the top of the card to give the feeling of being in a wood and then used a 'Jack in the Green' stamp as a creature unseen.  It's a stamp that I bought from 'Make Your Mark' in York.  I've had it for many years now but not really had the opportunity to use it before.  I finished the card of by giving it some dimension using an Ivy die which I bought today.  I used gold gilding wax on some of the leaves to give some variation in colour, I also think that green and gold work together beautifully on a Christmas cards.  I quite like the fact that it's turned out quite different from a traditional Christmas card.

The Jack in the Green stamp is from Make your Mark in York and all other stamps used are by Sheena Douglass.  The Ivy die is by Britannia.

Inks used on this card are:
  • Memento - Northern Pine
  • Impress - Olive Green
  • Impress - Emerald
  • Distress - Stormy Sky

7 comments:

  1. A lovely winery scene Sandra and the ivy really adds a lovely finishing touch.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous scene you have created Sandma, lovely layout, never seen a stamp like your "Jack In The Green" before, looks good!.
    I never went to Paula`s today as I went to "Newark" last Sunday..
    Hope tp go to "Ross" papercrafts Sheffield 1st Nov.. if my friend takes me.
    Didn`t know you are from around here.
    Hugs
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weekend was a good and full one! Glad it was dry so we have been out a lot...
    Love the scene and the ivy makes it so lively! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, such lovely ivy details and fabulous scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Love the Green Man and the wonderful festoons of ivy. Great take on the theme! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this very much. The wild woods is just lovely and your green man stamp is just brilliant. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...