Friday, 2 October 2015

Tic Tac Toe

Good Afternoon.  It's a lovely sunny day here in Yorkshire and I hope the sun is shining wherever you are.

I'm here today to share with you a card that I've made for the 'Tic Tac Toe' challenge over at Vintage Stamping.  This is a new thing to me but I thought it was I great idea to be able to choose the different options, although in some ways it was harder to make the final decision.  In the end, I chose: People, Metal Brads and Blue and Brown.  
I think that blue and brown are a fabulous colour combination and so my first task was to make the background,  I used Ink Dusters to give a gentle dusting of Memento Teal Zeal over the white card and then used various stamps from Inkylicious' Elements1 set to create my background design.  I used the Teal Zeal, Memento Rich Cocoa and Distress Tea Die to do this. As the background is quite busy, I decided to make the tag quite simple.  The face is also from the Elements 1set and the sentiment is Oriental Awakening by Inkylicious.  I made the flower by using my Spellbinders Delicate Asters stamps and dies.  I used the same blue colour to continue the theme and then finished the card by adding brass brads to each corned and a diamond brad to the center of my flower.  It was still missing a little something and so I used a couple of die cut brown swirls to give me card the completed look.  Here's the finished card:


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. Indeed it is Sandra, so nice to see and feel the warmth coming through from the sun.

    And it's so nice to see you at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges and with such a lovely creation. The image is so serene and your choice of the blue and brown line is perfect to showcase her.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering of the stamped images in this beautiful Vintage tag. So pleased you played with us this month at Vintage Stamping Challenges and enjoyed our Tic Tac Toe game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, gorgeous colours and a lovely sentiment.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, Sandma! Great colour combo - one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card design Sandma, love that ladies face, beautiful background and colours.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Sandma, I like everything about it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the background.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Sandma - beautifully made - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great how you put the tag on the card and gave it such an elegant frame! Love the card! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...