Sunday, 4 October 2015

Winter Cabin

Hello on this misty Autumn morning.

As the days and weeks seem to be whizzing by, I though that it was time to get out my Christmas stamps and make a start.  It's always fun to join in card challenges and so I'm sharing a card with you that I've made for this week's challenge over at '52 Christmas Card Throwdown.' See the sketch below.




I started by taking a piece of square white card and used circular dies to cut out an aperture and to make a frame for the image.  The Stamp that I've used is a new one from Inkylicious called Winter Cabin which fit perfectly into the aperture.  I stamped over a background which I had previously made using pastels and I then used Stickles and Fluffy Stuff to create the snow. The sentiment is also by Inkylicious. The embossing folder that I used to make the border was a freebie out of a Card Making and Papercraft magazine that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I dusted over the pattern with Distress Broken China and then around the outer edge of the card with Memento LuLu Lavendar.  I finished that card by adding a Poinsettia that I made using a Marianne Die.  

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Gorgeous image combined with lovely subtle colours. I love this card! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has such a serene feel to it Sandra, the neutral colours work very well along with the subtle embossing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning and elegant creation Sandma. Love the glitter on the rooftop of the sweet little house - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful winter scene and a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Sandma, such an elegant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous Christmas card Sandma. The snowy scene is stunning and it really pops out from the frame. LOVE it!

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog - I really appreciate it.
    Hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours! Love the scene; it looks so winter... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card Sandma, love this gorgeous scene you created with all the sparkle on the rooftops.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the card design and the serene winter scnene - thanks for sharing your project at the 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sandma, love the scene in the aperture , I've just bought that stamp and not used it yet.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Sandma, I've just bought that stamp too, like Joan, it's still in the packet.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great entry for the 52 (Christmas) card throw down, I just love winter cabin stamps.
    Christine A

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous. I really like the winter scene, the pretty embossed card and the sparkle too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...