Saturday, 7 November 2015

Contemporary Snowflake

Hi there,

I don't know about you but I just cant believe how quickly the weeks are whizzing by.  Now that all the Christmas ads are on telly, there's no getting away from the fact that Christmas is well and truly on it's way.  I've done quite well this year, getting ahead with my cards and here's another one to add to my stash:


I started off with a white base card but everything just looked lost so I decided to use black instead.  I know it's not a traditional colour but I'm reasonably happy with the end result as it looks quite contemporary.
I used a snowflake embossing folder on pink pearlised card for the sash and the silver snowflake has been made by using is two Sue Wilson dies.  The small pink snowflakes are made by a die from the same set, which I've used liquid pearls on. I finished the card with a sentiment by Inkylicious which I heat embossed.

I'm entering this card into this week's challenge at '52 Christmas Card Throwdown' and I've used their sketch:

                                                  

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card Sandma, I love the snowflake and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the black, it makes the card sophisticated and the pink card stand out. The silver snowflake is gorgeous and clever to use a different colour. I have that embossing folder, so I must get it out now I've seen your beautiful card. A striking Christmas card, love it x Well done you on getting ahead with the cards...much like myself this year too, which is very unusual x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks amazing! The snowflake embossed panel really shows against the black and that snowflake is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with our sketch challenge at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandma, stunning Christmas card, love your snowflake and colour, looks really striking.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing colour combo! Such a gorgeous, striking card. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colourcombo and that diecut snowflake is amazing! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely and festive Christmas card. Love your take on our sketch. Thanks for joining in the challenge at 52 CCT
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  8. The unusual color scheme (for a Christmas card) is very striking! I love the shimmer of the pearlized cardstock. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...