Sunday, 1 November 2015

Silent Night

Hello, I hope that you've all had a lovely weekend.

I'm well and truly into the swing of making my Christmas cards now and I'm loving having the time to make them, rather than rushing at the last minute as I usually do.  I've seen a few cards on the Inkylicious Facebook page using white ink on Kraft card and really liked them so I think this will be my main theme for this year's cards  I missed the demo at the Doncaster show as it was too crowded,  so it's just been trial and error but I'm happy with the end results.  I've made my own apertures out of acetate and used them as my templates, using different shapes to have a little variety.  I'm just posting one of them today but I may show more over the next few weeks. Here's my card:

I placed the aperture over the Kraft card and used an Ink duster to cover the oval with the white pigment ink.  I then stamped on my Winter Log Cabin with Memento Rich Cocoa.  I used the natural line at the bottom of the cabin stamp to water colour the snow.  Once it was dry, I used a white gel pen to add snow to the trees and to form the mounds of snow in front of the cabin. I added Fluffy stuff and heated it to give dimension around the cabin roof and to make the snow look heavy.  I drew around the edge of the oval with Stickles glitter glue and added the sentiment using white embossing powder to make it stand out more.  The card still looked a little bare so I added snowflakes using a Versamark ink pad.

I'm entering this card into the following card challenges:
Enjoy the rest of your evening and I hope to be back with you soon. x

21 comments:

  1. It's very beautiful Sandma.

    hope you have facebook and put your christmas cards in my facebookgroup only christmas cards ....here is the link.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1060810930603477/

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect card for our Christmas theme Sandra, the little touches of glitter really lift the Kraft, I really should get mine out more often. Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Sandra, I did watch the demo at Harrogate but had forgotten how to do it by the time I got home! You have really cracked it and made a beautiful card, I like the addition of the snow flakes and the glitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again :)
    Just popped to your blog and realised that we met today, can't believe you managed to find me !

    I love the clean and simple style of your cards, less is definitely more, will be looking in now for inspiration from your little works of art X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't need to see the demo if you can produce this work of art! Loving the snow on the roof and what a steady hand you've got with the silver around the oval. Such a gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Sandma... Also looked at your last cards... Love them all...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning scene card you have created Sandma, love the CAS design.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautirful Christmascard this is!!!
    There is somekind of stillness in it, that fits perfectly to Christmas.
    Groetjes Gery

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card! A peaceful Christmas scene - beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the white on kraft (not only for Christmas) and the tone-on-tone by the watermark ink is perfect! Have a good week, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Très jolie et charmante création Sandma, j'aime beaucoup cette simplicité, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the sweet little scene and the snowflake background - thanks for sharing your project at the 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card whoever receives it will be delighted I'm sure,thank you for popping over to my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card, such a lovely winter scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely! I'll definitely be having a go at this super technique! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and stylish card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inkylicious - Facebook! you've made my day. They were my first stamp purchase and still firm favourites. Of course everyone is on facebook but I never thought to look.
    This card is so pretty and the colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is so pretty and stylish, I love the touch of glitter too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do like this - the kraft gives a lovely folksy feel. Pretty scene and I do like the silver frame. Thanks so much for playing along with our Pick a Previous Theme at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Sandma! I love the soft muted neutrals, gives it such a vintage feel which is perfect for your image. The glittery frame is a wonderful wintery touch! I just love your style and think I will hit that follow button so I don`t miss any of your creations from now on. Happy Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...