Friday, 15 January 2016

Northern Lights

Hello there, I hope to find you all well and happy today.

I've not had too much time for crafting or blogging over the last few weeks.  My Son got married last Saturday and as you can imagine, I've been spending my crafting time making Wedding Invitations and getting ready for the big day.  I'm pleased to say that it all went well and we all had a lovely day.

While I was looking through some blog posts yesterday, I saw a post from my lovely blogging friend Gerrina, who mentioned the 'TIME OUT' challenge blog. This blog is new to me and so I thought I'd take a look.  Their theme is 'Birthdays with the optional twist of sponging.'  I mentioned to Gerrina that I would join in if I had the chance and here is the card that I've made for the challenge:


I really enjoy using Ink Dusters and sponges when making my cards but I thought that I would try a new technique, so I looked up a few tutorials for making cards with the Northern Lights.  It wasn't as complicated as I thought it might be and I'm happy with the result for a fisrt attempt but I would definitely add more dark ink through the colours on my next try.

I started by using makeup sponges to streak the various bright colours across the white card.  I then sponged grey and black around the colours to give the look of a night sky. When I was happy with the result, I stamped the two rows of trees and then masked them off to colour in the grass.  To finish the card, I used a white gel pen to add lots of stars.

I hope you like my card and I wish you all a wonderful weekend. x

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

19 comments:

  1. wow it's very beautiful sandma and love the sky.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous result on your first attempt. Love the atmospheric atmosphere you've created. Very striking card. Glad the wedding went well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Sandma. Gorgeous design and colors. Lovely stamping and Northern Lights. Thanks for playing at ATSM. Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandma, I am so pleased you have joined us for the first time and thank you for your lovely comment on our blog. Your Northern Lights look amazing. I love how you have sponged in the colours. Thanks so much for joining us at TO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you looked the proud mum when your son got married Sandra, hope there wasn't to many tears?

    A gorgeous Northern Lights scene Sandra and if this is your first attempt then I can't wait to see more.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Sandma, that's a lovely technique and you have really made a beautiful card with it


    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lovely! Without reading a word I immediately thought of the Northern Lights - a really wonderful depiction! And it's really lovely to see you back in the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Di above, Northern Light came to mind even before I read your post Sandra, lovely creation.

    Have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Sandma, love your background colours and beautiful stamping.
    Congratulation to the happy couple.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sandma, the scene is stunning
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. First congratulations on your sons wedding! Such a special day; glad it went well!
    Thanks for mention my blog and Time Out with links! So glad that you joined us at Time Out with this stunning card! Love the winterscene you made; as allways super sponging!
    Up front congratulations on your comming Birthday! Make it the start of a fun, colourfull and creative year! And enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Sandma, such a beautiful sky.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card. Congratulations on being one of Pixie's snippet picks. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! you did amazing job coloring the sky on this card. I Thank you for playing with us and hope I get to see your cards again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful scene, Sandma ... your northern lights sky is just gorgeous ... such fabulous blending! So happy you found us at Time Out ... thanks so much for playing along ... hope you'll play with us again! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crumb-diddly-do Sandma, this is incredible!! It's just like a post-card, so breathtaking! I am in awe of the sky, wowsers! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! You are so talented my friend. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card Thank you so much for joining us over at The Artistic Stamper and good luck for the Challenge. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...