Before I start, I'd like to give a big welcome to my new follower, Di Howard. It's really nice of you to join me, thank you :)
I'm sat here today full of cold as I write this post today, so not much getting done here other than drinking Lemsip and a little card making, which is definitely making me feel better :)
If you're reading this Mac, I did dust my fairy stamps off and here's what I've made with one of them:
I started by using Ink Dusters to colour my white card. I used some Adiroondack Butterscotch in the center and used my new Distress inks, Abandoned Coral and Wilted Violet around the edges. I then stamped the fairy with Versafine Black Onyx and stamped the flowers and hanging vines around her. I sponged around the edges with the Violet and then with Memento Tuxedo Black to frame the image. I stamped two extra pairs of wings with snippets of card and then embossed them with a Transparent Crystal emsossing powder to give them a bit of sparkle. I shaped them with a bone folder to give the wings dimension.
The fairy looks jet black in reality but unfortunately, the flash on the camera has bleached her out a little. I finished the card by creating an outer frame by sponging with the Coral and Violet and then stamping around the edge with a Lavinia flower.
The stamps that I've used are by: Lindsay Mason, Inkylicious and Lavinia.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
- Try it on Tuesday - Silhouettes
- Vintage Stamping Challenge - Anything goes with your new stash (Distress Inks)
- Penny Black and More - One for the Girls
- Wednesday's Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes
- Addicted to Stamps and More - Make your mark
- Allsorts - Girly and Sparkly
- Pixie's Snippets Playground - Anything Goes with a Snippet
- Craft Stamper Magazine - Take a Stamp (Anything Goes)
- The Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes