Sunday, 10 January 2016

'Thank You' FSC

Hello my friends,

It's a new year and time for a new challenge at 'Fashionable Stamping Challenge' and I really hope that you can join us.  The theme this month is 'Thank You,' and has been chosen by Esther.  My teamies have created some wonderful, inspirational pieces, so why not pop over the their blogs and have a closer look. As always, we are sponsored by Leo over at Flonzcrafts and one lucky winner; chosen at random will have the chance to win a $20 voucher to spend online, so get your stamps and inks out and let's see your wonderful creations.

Here's the card that I've made:


As it's a new year, I knew that I wanted my card to have a clean, fresh look and so I used an Archival Brilliance (Peacock) ink pad which hasn't seen the light of day for years but it's just as juicy as it was four or five years ago, I was really impressed.

I started by using a small Allium stamp by Inkylicious and completely covered a piece of white card to create my background.  I still wasn't sure where I was going with my card at this point and so I mounted the background onto an 8 x 8 card and created a border with the larger Allium stamp.  I was really pleased to find some plain card in my stash that matched the colour of the ink perfectly and I've used this for my matts and die cuts.  The main focal image is a Sarah Kay stamp which I've coloured using Spectum Noir pens and mounted using several different Spellbinder dies.


The card was completed by adding a 'Thank You' sentiment which is also by Inkylicious.  I've stamped around the edge with the small Allium stamp to co-ordinate with the rest of the card.  I'm happy with the end product and hope you like it too.


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and I wish you a wonderful day x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Stamping Sensations - Anything goes with a die/s
Penny Black and More - One For The Girls

18 comments:

  1. A totally delightful colour palette Sandra and the SK image is a real sweetie.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Sandra and oh my such a gorgeous and very pretty card. So much to look at and admire with lots of delicious techniques.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card, Sandma! I love it! Great colours - my peacock Brilliance ink used to be my absolute favourite. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at stamping sensations for our stamp and Die challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Sandma, beautiful colours, some of my Favourite and how sweet is your image..
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful, Sandra. Great design and the image is absolutely sweet.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delicate and pretty card. Clever how you've done your background layer with the small flower stamp and the colours you've used are just gorgeous...love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card Sandra, lovely design and colour. The image is adorable and beautifully coloured.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card with lovely colours and diecuts.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sandra, the background stamping is gorgeous and sets that lovely image off perfectly.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Sandma, such a pretty image and lovely colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra. This is a perfect thank you card! So pretty and feminine and the peacock colour is so fresh! Love it x
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh; getting sentimental here; Sarah Kay is a figure that I really liked in mt teens... But seeing here again; I stil like her! Especially on such a beautifully made card (love the BG!) Wish you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute, and loving those die cut frames you used. Great colors too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Sandma! I love how you have layered all those fancy die cuts, how amazing!! Your sentiment panel is so lovely with the added foliage around the edge! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colouring on your image Sandma and I love the gorgeous turquoise shades. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Penny black and More this month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely paper, colors, image and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creation, love the stamp and a beautiful layout too Thanks for joining Stamping sensations. Good Luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...