Tuesday, 1 March 2016

NBUS Challenge - March 16

Hello my crafty friends.

I'd also like to to say Hello and welcome to my latest follower.....Sandy.

Before I get on with today's post,  I'd just like to remind you all that there's still plenty of time to enter this month's 'Fashionable Stamping Challenge.'  This is my first choice of challenge as a new DT member and I'd really love it if you could show your support and join me.  The theme is Sunrise/Sunset. You don't need to create a scene, you can just use sunset colours and the rest is up to you. Please use the link below to visit the blog:

http://www.fashionablestampingchallenges.com/2016/02/14/challenge-108-sunrisesunset/

On with today's post now and I'm here today to share a card with you that I've made for the lovely Darnell's 'NBUS' (Anything Goes) challenge.  I think that we crafters are all guilty of buying stuff that we  need and then not using it for ages; or indeed; not at all!  It's a great Idea for a challenge, and also a challenge for us to dig that that unused stash from the back of the cupboard and have a play with it. I know that I tend to always reach for my favourites, so this is a great chance to try something new.

The stamps that I've used today are by Crafter's Companion and are from a set called 'Poker Face.' I bought them a while back from yet another craft shop that was closing down and as they were half price, I couldn't resist.  Here's the card and also a photograph of the brand new, unused stamps:



I stamped the image with Versafine black Onyx and then heat embossed it in black to avoid the colours running.  The image was then coloured with Spectrum Noir markers, cut out and then mounted onto a piece of wallpaper from a sample book.  I stamped and heat embossed the mirror in gold and then added the sentiment.  The gold chain was a peel off from my stash.

Having finished the card, I really like it and hope that you do too x

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and love the idea of using wallpaper samples for the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and so beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this card Sandra! Fun image and a great sentiment too

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever sentiment and stamp and very creative background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's very beautiful and fantastic image Sandra
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. That image fits so well on that wallpaper! It let's the image shine and pop! A great card! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Sandma, such a beautiful image and elegant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Sandma. Super image looks great against that background and the sentiment is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic image on this fabulous card Sandma, love the sentiment.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Sandra, love the quote.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful chic card Sandma! I love that you did her dress in yellow, works well with the fashionable feel of this one! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the image!! You colored her beautifully!! The paper is fabulous...it reminds me of wallpaper!! The sentiment is awesome!! Love this!! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so I could find yours!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card Sandra and the colours too. What a lovely stamp set. I've not seen these before. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely image, and the sentiment is so funny! Your coloring is beautiful. I am happy to be your newest follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your sassy card, Sandra! I hope you made a half-dozen while you were at it as it would be a great card for girlfriends! Well done using those neglected stamps and well done getting a good deal on them to start with! Thank you for your kind words and support and thank you for playing in my 6th NBUS challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is a very beautiful card Sandra. SUPER!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  17. That'a is rather a nice stamp set Sandra, I have this feeling she is a Parisian lady (comes of having a lovely French DIL perhaps) and made a beautiful card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card, love the colours you have used and the layout. Looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...