Saturday, 12 March 2016

The Tide Recedes

Hello,

I'm here today to share with you a card that I've made for this week's challenge at 'Less is More.' Their theme this week is a 'One Layer Sentiment.'

Before I start, I'd like to give a warm welcome to my newest follower.....Sid. and say thank you for joining me.

Here's today's card:


I've kept the card CAS and left plenty of white space as required by all the Less is More challenges.

The sentiment is by Inkylicious and the silhouette stamp was free with a 'Creative Stamping' magazine.  The sentiment and image are both stamped with Versafine Black Onyx.  I masked off the sun and used Ink Dusters to give a sunny haze using Adirondack butterscotch.  The sea was coloured with Distress Stormy Sky as a water colour and the sand was sponged with Memento Desert Sand. I used a white gel pen to create waves on the sea and then finished the card by using Woodware Fluffy Stuff to create the waves.

I'll be back again tomorrow as we have a new challenge starting at Fashionable Stamping Challenges but until then, I wish you a lovely evening x

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge#184 Clean and Simple
STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge - Anything Goes with an optional twist of yellow








23 comments:

  1. This is an image I adore and I love that Sentiment. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and tranquil scene! the fluffy stuff is the perfect addition to the waves. Your sentiment is very moving too.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very special card. Love the sentiment and how delicately you've coloured and embellished the silhouette stamp. Really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Sandma... Love all your inking...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredibly clever. I especially love how you've created the waves - fantastic! What a fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sandma, love that verse and how you gave silhouetted the stamp

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, and a wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card design Sandma, wonderful sentiment and gorgeous silhouette stamp, love how you created the waves.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely beautiful Sandra. I love the way you've coloured the image and added the fluffy stuff on the sea. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful. thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely breathtaking! Beautiful and serene image, coloured to perfection in the BG and a fantastic sentiment too. Just awesome and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowww, less ist more and a scene....beautiful. I love it.
    HUgs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sentiment and image. Your card is so wonderful!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've got this freebie stamper too, love the silhouette and the additions you made with the sun and the textured waves.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM and Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally beautiful that sentiment! But your scene is the eye-focus; it looks great! Hope you had a good weekend! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is simply beautiful Sandma, a fabulous sentiment, with a lovely image!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete
  17. This caught my eye in the LIM gallery - such a beautiful scene you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful sentiment, it is a lovely verse, and the image is equally beautiful to match with the sentiment, very glad to see you join us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at the Addicted To Stamps & More Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! Love the waves! Thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...