Friday, 4 March 2016

Vintage Beauty

Hello my friends, followers and passers by.

I've had a lovely day today, watching the snow fall from my craft room window while I've been card making.  I hope you've all manage to get through the day safely.

Before I share today's card, I would like to welcome my three newest followers.......Rahmat, Lisa and Lia. Thank you all for joining me and I've very much enjoyed visiting your blogs.

I was inspired to make this card for the challenge over at 'Try it on a Tuesday.' Their theme this time is 'Feminine and Fancy' and here's my card:


The stamp is brand new and is from Flonzcraft.  I thinks she's absolutely beautiful and the stamp is so detailed, especially the hair. I stamped her using Distress Walnut Stain and then gently water coloured the hair and then stamped over it again to add back the detail. I sponged around the edge of the oval frame with Distress Tea Dye.  To make the card look a little fancier, I used a die cut by Tim Holtz and then rubbed over it using gold gilding wax. The oval die is by Spellbinders and and the Ivy and butterfly are by Memory Box. I tried lots of different colours in the background before making my final choice but I found the the red made it look quite opulent against the gold..  Finally, I made the rose using Spellbinders Rose Creations.  I find this is a great way of using up any scraps of card.

Thank you for visiting today and I wish you all a happy crafting weekend :) x

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

16 comments:

  1. She is a lovely Flonz image Sandra and love the gilding was treatment to the lattice and ivy.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog and for the shoutout to link up at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! Your card is beautiful and gives off such a beautiful vintage look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Sandra. I love that background and the rose looks lovely. She is such a beautiful image. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful project! Thank you for joining us at TioT's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card design Sandma, gorgeous background work and one of my favourite images..Gibson Girl, sure I have her in my stamp stash.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've stamped that gorgeous image in the walnut distress stain and then lightly shaded/water-coloured her hair. Fabulous flower you've made and the red and the gold waxing is really opulent and finishes off this gorgeous card beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very romantic. This is quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous vintage design, the lady is so beautiful. Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous take on the theme Sandra! Thanks for sharing it with us over at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a wet-snowyday friday here aswell! And what was I glad that I didn't had to go out that day!
    What a beautiful vintage card this is! The subtile gold looks like a thin frame and makes the card so elegant1 Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab project, thanks for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow so stunning, I love this vintage stamp and your design is beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your rose looks so real. What a beauty. I love The Gibson Girl stamp and how you have coloured the hair. That is a great way to do it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, beautifully crafted ! I have just become your latest blog follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful project ..... thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...