Sunday, 10 April 2016

FSC Colour Challenge

Good morning friends and passers by.

Before I start today's post, I'd like to welcome my three newest followers........Carol and Jenny and Anja, thank you for joining me on my crafting journey :) x

It's time for a new challenge over at 'Fashionable Stamping Challenges' and this month's theme was chosen by our lovely Shirley.   Shirley's opted for a colour challenge this time and her chosen colours are yellow, blue and white, so here's the card that I've made:


I started by using a stencil over white card to give a blue and white background. I used a tiny scroll stamp around the edge to create the border and I used the same stamp to create an oval border around my main focal image.

The female image is a gorgeous Gibson Girl stamp by Flonz Craft which I stamped onto white card.  I then masked the image and used Ink Dusters to colour yellow around her.

The sentiment that I've used is by Inkylicious and I think it works really well with this Gibson Girl image as she does look a little sad and the sentiment is quite uplifting.

Here's a picture of the things used to create my card.  Unfortunately, I've missed off the Spellbinder's
Delicate Aster stamps and dies which I used to make my flowers:


We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images, just good old fashioned stamping.
We are so lucky to be sponsored every month by Leo over at Flonz Craft.  Their stamps are really well made and are great to work with and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team.

Thank you for visiting today and I wish you all a peaceful and relaxing Sunday x

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, I love the little border stamp you have used that's very affective, beautiful background & a great sentiment..
    Have a lovely day
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage feel to this card. Just beautiful. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely looking card Sandra. I love that splash of orange with the blue. Very subtle and just right! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the most fabulous and creative backgrounds. I love 'reading' your blog because if you just saw your photo it looks like you've used paper. Such a beautiful vintage style and clever how you've incorporated the colours and as always your attention to detail is fabulous...thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card, Sandra. Great designed!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandra, an absolutely gorgeous card, your background and the stamped border islovely, I do like that scroll stamp and what a lovely girl stamp, brilliant colours too, love everythig about it really, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sandra, love this image and background, beautiful flowers.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Sandra, love how you've framed the image and card base and it's a lovely sentiment.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up after our few days away and popping in to say it's a super creation for this months theme Sandra and many thanks for very warm welcome.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful sunny card! Love the background, flowers and especially the scroll-border you made! I already entered the challenge; love blues and yellows!Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have used one of my fave stamps on this card Sandra. Your design and layout of the card is gorgeous.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...