Sunday, 3 April 2016

My 100th Post

Good morning my friends,

I've just realized that this is my !00th blog post.........Wow!

I would like to start today by giving a very warm welcome to my latest follower......Viv of Viv's Visuals, thank you for joining me again Viv :)

It's just a year since I started blogging and I've met so many kind, generous and amazingly talented people in Blogland, and I would like to say a big 'Thank You' for your support during that time, it has really meant a lot to me.  Other than spending time with my family and my two gorgeous Grandchildren, I'm never happier than when I'm covered in ink and I can't find an inch of space on my craft desk!

This weekend has been wonderful.  My Hubby and I have done lots of early morning walking, which we both love and I've had time spare in the afternoons to do some crafting. I got really messy yesterday when I decided to make some embossing paste.  I'd seen lots of recipes for it  on Pinterest and so I decided to give it a go and here are the results:



I'm really quite pleased with this a first attempt ever to use embossing paste and it only cost pennies to make.  For anyone who would like to try this, the recipe is:

  • 1 Quarter of a cup of baby powder or corn flour
  • 1 TBS of white school glue
  • 1 TBS of white acrylic paint
  • Enough water to achieve the consistency of toothpaste 
Obviously, the next step of my journey was to get out my Distress inks and get messy and here's the result of that:


I used various stencils and applied the ink using Ink Dusters and then sponged around the edge with a darker colour to draw the eye into the center of the tag. I was really pleased when the embossing still showed through and kept the wonderful flourishes.  Inks used were:
  • Distress - Worn Lipstick
  • Distress -  Fossilized Amber
  • Distress - Carved Pumpkin
  • Distress - Ground Espresso

The stencil used with the embossing paste is Tim Holtz Flourish
The sentiment is by Inkylicious

The gorgeous lady image is a Gibson Girl stamp by Flonz Craft which I stamped with the Ground Espresso ink. I then put her on on a brown Marianne die cut Butterfly which I  used gold Gilding Wax on. The tag was finished by adding some flowers to the sentiment and using a white ribbon which I coloured with the same inks as I used to colour the tag.

Sorry this is quite a long post but I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed my time making my crafty bits.  

Thank you for visiting today and I hope to be with you again soon :) x

I'm entering this tag into the following challenges:

The Artistic Stamper - All Things Distress
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 223
Stamping Sensations - One For The Girls
Vintage Stamping Challenges - Lots of Layers (At least 3)
Try it on Tuesday - Add A Quote
Time Out Challenge - Inspired by Words
STAMPlorations - Stencil Sunday/Mixed Media Challenge





34 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post. Fabulous stenciling with your home made embossing paste. They look great and another medium to play with...enjoy yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely inky session you had Sandra and with great results. I am going to give your recipe a go, I bet it smells nice as well.

    Hope you have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the projects and so great to hear that you made your own texture paste, something I keep meaning to do. I'm pleased that you share your creations with us via your blog, I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 100th post.
    Now this is a work of art Sandra, it's just beautiful and the colours and textures are fabulous. Thanks for the how to do and for putting up my candy picture, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on your 100 blogpost Sandra and a gorgeous tag.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your century, hope there's more to come!! Love what you are sharing today, home made paste is such great fun. I always use baby powder so it smells nice!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your 100th post! And your embossing paste tags are gorgeous. I adore your tag for TO, such rich colours and a lovely vintage feel. Thank you for leaving us such a lovely comment on our main blog and thanks for joining us at TO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on 100 blog posts.You really are an inspiration Sandra. Your tag is absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing your recipe for texture paste. When I've used up what I have around I'm going to have a go making yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on your hundredth post-isn't the blogging community the best? Thanks for sharing the paste recipe-great results. And thanks for sharing your gorgeous tag at TIoT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading your post Sandra and the finished result, just gorgeous. Great 100th post! Thank you for dropping by and leaving a lovely comment. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tag looks wonderful Sandra and I've made the paste with baby powder and it smells lovely.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yahoo! 100 posts congratulations : ) Beautiful tag!! and thanks a bunch for the paste recipe! I have been wanting to try this technique.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your 100th post, Sandra ... yep, card making blogland is just a lovely place! Fabulous embossing ... your tag is amazing ... rich colours, wonderful detailing, lovely layering ... and such a great sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your 100th post Sandra, love your beautiful tag, with my favourite stamp, gorgeous colours you have used with home made texture paste, have to agree blog land is brilliant place.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful backgrounds. The tag looks fabulous, great details and words. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's wonderful news Sandra and CONGRATULATIONS on your 100th post. I so in love with your handmade tag and homemade paste; both looks great together. Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations April Mixed Media Challenge and you did awesome with the link (we always start Mixed Media Challenge on the first Sunday Stencil each month) and by displaying the graphic on your post makes you eligible to win a prize. Come and join us again next month. Happy designing!
    Hugs&Smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your 100th post, you seem to be doing great with the embossing paste, I seldom use it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the anniversary and thank you for showing this beautiful tag and linking it to Try It On Tuesday!
    Nice to have you with us there!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great to see you explore more and more! The paste looks great and so does your tag! That butterfly is one that I have to dust of again! Congrats on your 100th post and so glad you decided to start blogging! Have a good and sunny week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tag Sandma, what a lovely sentiment!! It's great to make your own paste isn't it!! If you are interested in expanding on your recipes, check out my tutorial for glitter pastes, so fun! hugs :)

    http://mylittlecraftthings.blogspot.ca/2014/09/home-made-texture-paste-glitter-paste.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tag, the homemade emobossing paste turned out great. Love your use of colour. Congratulations on 100 posts, blogging is fun for sure (when we have time). Enjoy the day, Shirley xx ps.. we enjoy walking as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous tag Sandma and what a great recipe for the embossing paste! Well done - great to see you in the Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your 100th post! You've got some great results with your homemade embossing paste. Must try that out when my current tub runs out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous embossing, your paste worked a treat. Your tag is beautiful, lovely colours and great design.
    Congratulations on your 100th post, I look forward to the next 100.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous piece of art. Congrats on your 100th post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sandra, Congratulations on your 100th post.
    Your TAG is fantastic. Great designed. I love it.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous tag creation, I love that sentiment, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. A fabulous feminine creation! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck! I like the sound of your texture paste, and like the idea of it smelling nice too! Might give it a go myself. Congratulations on your 100th post. I am approaching 1000,soc look out for my blog candy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww! I love the texture!!! Thank you for joining us in the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...