Sunday, 8 May 2016

FSC Blots and Splashes

Good morning to all my wonderful crafting friends.and a very warm welcome to my new follower.......Margaret Wilkinson, it's lovely of you to join me.
.
It's time again for another new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.  The theme this month is 'Blots and Splashes' and has been chosen by our lovely Carola,

Our Design Team produce some amazing samples so please pop along to their blogs to check out their amazing work.

Here's the card I've made for Carola's challenge:


I made several different backgrounds in many different colours before finally being happy with the last one that I made using Starburst Stains on black card as the splashes and blots showed up really well.  The background reminded me of a dramatic firework display, so I decided that I wanted to make one of my favourite 'Fashionable Fifties Girl' stamp by Flonz Craft the star of the show. and doesn't she look glamorous! I coloured her, then heat embossed her with clear embossing powder to make her image pop.


After I'd made the background, it seemed obvious that I needed to go for a Vintage look to co-ordinate, and so I opted for the scattered postcard look, colouring and splashing them with Distress Vintage colours.  It didn't look quite right having my girl in red and everything else in brown, so I changed my stamp to red and sponged the edge of the bottom postcard with red ink to give a little contrast.

Products used to make my card:

Stamps:

Inks
  • Distress - Tea Dye
  • Distress - Walnut Stain
  • Distress - Fired Brick
  • Versafine - Black Onyx
Girl's dress was coloured with a Sharpie Marker

Starburst Stains - Glory Of The Seas Gold
Starburst Stains - Opal Sea Oats

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images, just good old fashioned stamping.

We are as always, very generously sponsored by Leo over at Flonz Craft and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 vouscher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team,

Thank you for visiting my blog today and I wish you lots of happy crafting x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:




.

19 comments:

  1. A fabulous piece of work Sandma. I love those dresses of the 1950's, I have photos of my Grandma wearing the fashions of those days!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went into total panic mode when I saw several of the teams work on my reading list, I was all scheduled for next Sunday, don't ask me why mind you !

    I love the depth and intensity of your background and how the colours fade towards the centre to really set off your lovely iconic Marilyn image. Starburst Staling are something I have resisted so far but my resolve is fading.

    Hope you have a good Sunday and the sun shines in your parts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra. The 'pop' of red is perfect on this, and looks great on this image. The background is amazing!!! Fireworks is a great way to describe it. Love this!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous vintage look. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandra, what a fantastic card the colours are amazing and I just love that 50's lady, brilliant background too, fabulous work, Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Sandma... Love the image and the fabulous background...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous blots and splashes Sandma! I love your dark rich colours, you have created a very vintage runway feel for this, which is so perfect for your fashionable lady image!! Happy weekend my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW your card is beautiful! I love the great design and the blots and splashes are so great. Fantastic!
    Have a nice Sunday.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra a great and fabulous vintage card.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red stamp and the red dress, great effect. Loving all the splats, the layout and the overall feel of the card, such an eye catching card x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card Sandra, the background does look like fireworks.
    The pops of red are a great effect with the vintage tones.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous vintage card creation Sandra, love the pop of red on your lady.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is absolutely stunning Sandra. I love the background and she is certainly a beautiful image. I really like your attention to detail and the red postcard at the back looks perfect. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great vintage feel and still looking so modern! This card is a beauty! Hope you have a sunny week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandra,
    Found your comment about your DH's father so special!
    I let my DH read it aswell and I felt so greatfull for what your man's dad has done when he was young!
    So strange to know that he walked there in such totally different situations and with such a different goal. Think he must have seen a lot that is so frithning! Glad that he could go back and give it a place in is thoughts! It is because of young men like him that we can enjoy all of the beauty here...
    This made me feel even more connected to you and I really think that everybody is connected in a few steps! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card Sandra, such a fabulous image and your background is gorgeous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous make, she looks so very vibrant and ready to paint the town red. The catwalk looks stunning with her on it. Thanks Sandra.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous creation, Sandra! LOVE the background! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved this!! The splash of red is just perfect. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...