Sunday, 19 June 2016

Designs by Georgina

Hi there,

Before I start today's post, I'd like to welcome my new follower Cheryl. If you get chance, please pop over and take a look at Cheryl's blog. Thanks for joining me Cheryl and I hope you get to visit often.

I was really lucky to win last month's monthly challenge prize at 'The Craft Stamper' so I'd like to say a big thank you to Craft Stamper and to their hard working design team, and also to Georgina Ford for being kind enough to sponsor the May challenge with her own collection of stamps and stencils.

I've been quite busy recently and so I only really got my first chance to have a play with them today and here's the results:


I had great fun doing this first one as it's the first time I've tried this technique.  I cut out a square of card and added several layers of Cosmic Shimmer ultra thick embossing powder.  Once I felt it was thick enough to take the imprint, I stamped into Black StazOn ink before pressing it into the red hot, liquid embossing powder.  As there wasn't a great deal of contrast between the stamped image and the now solid embossing, I gently rubbed over it with gold Gilding Wax.  This made the flower pop, so I then mounted it into gold card and then again onto a black Spellbinders die cut.


For my second card, I just used one of the stencils. I coloured it first in yellow with a sponge dauber and then I gradually used darker colours from the inside out, ending with a dark red in the center. I used the same stencil around the edges to create a border and to frame the image.. 


For my final card, I used one of the stencils to create a background before using the matching stamp which I stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and then sponged the center of them with the same colour that I used for the center of my background stencils. 

Here's a photo of the goodies that I won:


I've enjoyed having a play with my new stamps and stencils today and the possibilities are endless so I'm looking forward to having a play again with them soon.

Whatever you're doing, enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening and thank you for passing by :) X 



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards using your winning Sandra, love the colours and layouts.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful selection of cards Sandra, wonderful stamping and colouring, congratulations on your win, and making fantastic use of these goodies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful selection of cards Sandra, wonderful stamping and colouring, congratulations on your win, and making fantastic use of these goodies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous win and fabulous cards. You looked like you had fun here with the techniques. Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration. Must get the utee out and have a play x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win!! You've used your new products perfectly!! Wow!! These are all so gorgeous!! I love the designs and colors of all three!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your enjoyment of working with your new goodies really shines through these cards Sandra, all three are lovely and so different, my favourite has to be the middle on with the warm sunny colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow; looks like you had so much fun with your price! They look great! Love the soft-tone ones best, don't know why... Hope you have a relaxing week planned... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh ,looks like you had fun, with your new goodies hun love all the cards you have created,all beautiful,hugs Cherylxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on your win Sandra gorgeous stamps.

    you have made beautiful cards with it especially the last one I like.


    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a fabulous win, and you've shown that you know exactly how to put the prizes to wonderful use! Each card has such a different look & technique. #1 is most impressive with the deep rich colors and beautifully elegant design. Interesting to read how you've created the look. Also loved the stenciled ones, as I've been trying to do some of this kind of thing recently. Lovely rich colors, and loved the #3 look with the replication of the focal design done also as a soft background treatment. 3 very beautiful cards. TFS & Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are just gorgeous! And what fab stamps!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandra,
    what wonderful and varied makes from your winnings.
    They all look really fantastic.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these are beautiful Sandra! I love that technique you used for the first one, what an amazing effect!! Lovely prize package too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your win, you're certainly putting your winnings to good use, just fab. Cara x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...