Saturday, 25 June 2016

Rudolph Day June 16

Hello,

It's the 25th today which can only mean one thing, yes, it's Scrappy Mo's 'Roldolf day'. It's such a friendly challenge and one that I always try to join in if I can.  Also, It's really good to know that I'll have some Christmas cards ready, rather than having to scramble and make them all at the last minute. Here's the card that I've made for this month's challenge:


The main focal stamp is the Deer Flourish stamp by Inkylicious. I can't remember if I bought it online or at a show but it's actually the first time I've used it. I had planned to make my Christmas cards with it last year but then I found the 'Winter Cabin' and I just loved it so much that it became my main Christmas stamp last year.

I started by masking off with the Inkylicious oval stencil, then with the Mountain Valley stencil so that I was just left with the area that I would be dusting. I cut out a small circle to mask off the moon. I used Ink Dusters to add colour with Memento Dandelion, Rose Bud and Adirondack Denim. When I was happy with the sky, I added the trees in the distance. I then added the Flourish Deer so that the flourishes were just kissing the trees. This then left the perfect space to add the sentiment. I finished the card by grounding the Stag on a hill that matched the sky and I used the Valley stencil to create snow drifts and then added jewels to the Stag's flourish. All stamps used on this card are by Inkylicious.

Before I go, I would just like to say 'Hello' to some new followers: Maria Carr and Martina Hess. Due to Blogger showing errors when I click on your profiles, as it does on my own these days, I don't know if you have your own blogs. If you do have a blog, then please let me know so that I can update this post so that people will be able to visit you.
My next new follower is an absolute stamping wiz and as Hughie Green would have said........ "I mean that most sincerely."  (Only people over 50 will know who I mean:) She's a new blogger but not new to crafting, it's Emma from Inkylicious. I really enjoy watching Emma's demos on TV as she creates her cards faster than the speed of sound! I love her fresh approach to stamping and her use of beautiful, vibrant colours, which are a perfect reflection of her personality. I was lucky enough to have a sneaky peek this week as some of Emma's samples for the next Inkylicious show on Hochanda on the 6th of July, and trust me, you're in for a real treat! Emma's definitely inherited her Mum Deby's talent for creating stunning cards. Welcome to all my new followers and I hope you'll visit often :) X

Thank you too for passing by today and I hope you call again soon. Crafty hugs, Sandra X





34 comments:

  1. A lovely creation as always Sandra, you really do magic with those ink dusters and a joy to see.

    Hope you have a lovely (and sunny) weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow and double WOW Sandra. This is just amazing - really beautiful Christmas card and explained so well too! LOVE it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sandra, I love your soft shades for the sky and the deer image is fantastic, beautifully designed as ever, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card - I love the scene you have created to make this stylish card. Thank you for joining us at the Rudolph Day Challenge.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Sandra, I love the winter sky that you've created in the background.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! You've created a fabulous scene.

    Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Days Challenge - Good Luck!
    Liz - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful and so well designed. I love the little scene you created and the gorgeous stag in the foreground. I'm a fan of Inkylicious stamps as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, another Fabulous card Sandra, love that deer its on my list for the new Harrogate show on August !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is stunning!! The scene looks absolutely amazing!! What a beautiful design!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra,
    well this Rudolf card is outstanding, and that design is ace as is your superb inking.
    I just love this fantastic cards design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandma
    This is a stunning card... Love the stag... Can't wait to watch Hochanda... On the 6th July ....
    Hugs zsylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just beautiful! A gorgeous Xmas scene!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a stunning deer stamp. Love how you've done the oval and the blending. Such a glorious and majestic card x Thank you so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just stunning, you have perfected the ink blending to make a scene. Totally jealous! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Sandma, I like the scene you have created
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, the scene you've created is so beautiful. Your art with the inks is just fantastic, love it ! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Sandra, love the little scene in the oval. Might just have to look at that deer stamp!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowww Sandra, what a fantastic card. Just super, i love it!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning scene you have created on your card Sandra, love the soft colours and beautiful stag.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow such a beautifully composed card, love the gentle colours, truly stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card. Love the background scene.
    Thank you for joining us at Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
    Hugs,
    Valerija - DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow - just beautiful. L x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great card! Love the way you made a scene in the background and still managed to keep the cardCAS! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow gorgeous card Sandra!! I just love that deer with those flourish style antlers, how wonderfully elegant! I think if I tried to make a card faster than the speed of sound, it would just be a lump of stuff. lol. sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I so love the pretty scene that you have created here. The soft mountain scene with the prety trees is perfect with this beautiful door stamp!

    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a beautiful Christmas card, such a fabulous winter scene.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous winter scene!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous card design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You created a very beautiful landscape in the background of the card. It looks really amazing.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely beautiful card for June's Rudy day. I love that soft serene oval scene you've created for these deer to enjoy. Stunning sponging and having this graceful fella standing majestically in the foreground...oh my...this is just splendid. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is beautiful, a peaceful and tranquil scene with those lovely soft colours, the deer stamp is stunning!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful christmas card and such wonderful stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gosh I do like the scene you have created here. Playing catch up as my internet is still very temperamental. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...