Thursday, 9 June 2016

Spread Your Wings

Hello my lovely crafty friends.

I'm here today to share a couple of cards with you that I made for today's Inkylicious shows on Hochanda. You may have already seen some of today's samples previously on my blog or on Pinterest so I won't post those again.  Here are the cards that I'd like to share with you today:



I've had the 'Dreams Come True' stamp for quite a while now and this stamp really lends itself to beautiful backgrounds.  I've made this one quite feminine and used Spectrum Noir markers on the back and then dispersed them on the acetate with dabs of surgical spirit on cotton wool. I originally left it quite plain but felt that it needed something adding and so I used some Spellbinder Edgeabilities with black card as a border.  I felt that the border suited the theme of the card and I was much happier with the end result.

The 'Spread Your Wings' stamp was new to me, and what an absolute joy it's been to use.  I could have done dozens of samples with this one.  I have done a few in different colours, just to show how versatile this wonderful stamp is.

I hope that you got to see the fabulously talented Deby and Emma on Hochanda today doing their amazing demos.  If you didn't manage to catch it, then you can always use Catch up on Hochanda for the next week or so.

There's a new challenge starting on Sunday over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges so I'll be back then to share with you what I've made.  Until then, take good care of yourselves and stay happy:) x

I'm entering the first card into the following challenges:




20 comments:

  1. stunning card and gorgeous card Sandra love that card on top, wish I could do that.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty and so beautiful x Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both really beautiful Sandma.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning cards Sandra. You do such great inked backgrounds and that little bird really is a sweet stamp. I really like the background on your second card and the black border really looks great. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The are so absolutely stunning!! Wow!! The colors are amazing!! Gorgeous details, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandra
    Lovely cards . Not seen the shows yet away yesterday but have recorded them to watch with a cuppa and biscuit later today. Thanks for the inspiration.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first is right up my street Sandra and love the contrast in colour you have achieved and the second has such a dreamy feel to it and again you have used the colour to such great effect.

    Mr Sky didn't get finished in time, but am going to see if they do catch up on that channel. Like you Christmas is in full swing as per usual for June and TV.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Sandra!! Love the marble effect in the background of the second card and the first card is just AWESOME!!! That bird, wow, and that amazing glow around him!!! WOW!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dreamy backgrounds fit the images so well. Love the scene on the first again! Have a fun and sunny weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just stunning. Love the two stamps and you've really shown them off to their full advantage. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandra what wonderful cards you are so talented, especially love the Eagle card.
    Missed the show, but discovered the catch up, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are so beautiful. Love the radiance of the wonderful sponged sky background for the peaceful dove. Also like the way you've done the acetate look and the black S/B edging turns a pretty look into a WOW factor. TFS - Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two gorgeous cards Sandra, my favourite is the spread your wings stamp! had to buy this at the Dome Doncaster show! on Sunday after seeing your wonderful cards, glad Deby used this on the show I reordered.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely card, Sandra. Your beautiful backgrounds and colours really set off these lovely stamps. Thank you for your lovely comment, and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing my new stash. It is a shame when someone can't use them - there was a lot of new stuff and it must have been so frustrating for him being too ill to use it. I hope I do it justice! Thank you so much for your good wishes for my health. I'm doing so well these days - it's great!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards Sandra, I saw the shows on Hochanda and have purchased some Inkylicious products so I will have to have a good look through your blog for some more inspiration.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fabulous cards Sandra - love the soft colouring of the first one and the super technique of the second. STUNNING!
    Thank you for your lovely comment - hope Mojo hangs around for a while!
    Have a happy weekend - hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowww, beautiful cards have you done lately again. All great !!!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two wonderful cards, Sandra! The first in particular is just stunning! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two beautiful cards, I like the first one very much, what an awesome sky!!
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two stunning creations, Sandra! beautiful colour combos and ink dusting! Thanks so much for sharing them with us for our Creature theme at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...