Sunday, 10 July 2016

FSC Under the Sea

Hello there my wonderful, crafty friends.

I hope that you're all well and happy and that life is treating you kind.

I'd like to say 'Hello and welcome' to my new follower .......... Sharon. Thank you for joining me Sharon and I hope you'll pop by often.

It's time for another challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this month's theme is 'Under the Sea.'  My heart sank a little when I saw this theme as I didn't think that I had any stamps that were suitable.  Anyway, I had a rummage through my stamp drawers and found three which I thought might just do, and here's my finished card:


I started by masking off a circle as I knew this was where I wanted to put my Sea Horses.  I decided to make some waves so I used a mountain stencil and coloured them in blue and green using Ink Dusters and sponges.  I was really pleased with this effect and I think that it makes a fabulous background. I removed the mask and then stamped in the Sea Horses. Unfortunately, this bit went horribly wrong when I coloured them and so I stamped them again on a separate piece of card and coloured them using a make up sponge. I then cut them out and mounted them over the originals.  Phew...... I was seriously relieved that it didn't need to go in the bin at this point!  Next, I stamped my Water Drops by Inkylicious randomly around the image.  I then used bleach to remove the colour. I like doing this as I think it makes the water droplets pop against the background. The fish is also by Inkylicious.

I finished my card by mounting my image onto some Kraft card and I stamped around the edge with a Rope stamp give the card more of a nautical feel.

The Sea Horse and the Rope stamps were both free with a Creative Stamper magazine which I bought a while ago.

To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to this challenge but I've actually really enjoyed it in the end and I love the finished card.  I'm always short on cards for the men and this one just fits the bill.

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images, just good old fashioned stamping.
We are so lucky to be sponsored every month by Leo over at Flonz Craft.  Their stamps are really well made and are great to work with and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team.

Thank you for taking the time to visit today, I really appreciate it :) x



24 comments:

  1. Wunderschön....
    Die Wassertropfen sehen so echt aus, man denkt, es perlt gleich von der Karte herunter.
    Eine schöne Idee, die kleinen Seepferdchen in einer Luftblase schweben. zu lassen.
    Und der zarte Hintergrund ist ganz bezaubernd.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamps you have make a beautiful card together! (like most stampers I too have so many stamps that I have to go through them to surch for sea-stamps...) This card really invites to join in; all the bubbles and that background makes you want to try yourself... Enjoy your sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamps fit perfectly for the challenge Sandra and the card you have made with them is amazing.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card! I love seahorses they are so delicate and lovely. Your water drops are just amazing! The rope edge is a perfect touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous!! I love all the water droplets!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart might have sank a little at first but wow it must have lifted when you finished. The most fabulous and creative idea to use a mountain stencil as water and works brilliantly. Love how you've masked and popped the seahorses in the circle, really draws the eye in. Fabulous colouring and glad you where able to rescue the seahorses x Wonderful inspiration today...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love how you created the sea. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really fabulous and a great use of your freebies xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect card for under the sea, beautiful colours I love the water drops there so real looking, and your sea horse's are so cute, you really have created a gorgeous card Sandra..

    Happy Crafting
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Sandra, love your waves and the colours are wonderful, great sea world creatures, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this is stunning!! I love how you masked off the circle for the beautiful seahorses!! The colors are stunning!! This is spectacular!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoW what a stunning card!
    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Sandra, love the inky wave background, really gives a sense of movement to the card. Love your little sea horses, don't free stamps come in handy!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Sandma ... Like all your other cards... Watched Hochanda.love watching the Mum and Daughter. They are fantastic... So are you... All your cards are out of this world.. Do you need special card to stamp on?
    Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvie, thank you so much for your very kind and generous comments. All of your own cards are absolute stunners, so right back at ya :). In answer to your question about card. The Ink dusters will work on all types of card but especially well on smooth card. There are two types of card that I use from Inkylicious, one is the silk art card with a satin finish. This one is fantastic for blending as it is very forgiving, if you put too much ink on, you can lift it off without damaging the card and then add more ink if you need to. It's also really good for creating backgrounds using sprays or brushos as it will take a fair amount of water before it starts to bend. It's often better to stamp second generation onto this card though as it really is so smooth that the stamps can slide on it if the ink's too wet and this with then blur the image, which isn't good when you've taken ages to create your background. The second type of card is the stamping card which has a smooth finish but doesn't have the satin finish. This is the one that I tend to use the most as I find that I always get a lovely, crisp image with all stamps. It still blends well but as you can't really take the colour off, then you been to build it up gradually instead. I'm sorry this reply has been a bit long winded but I hope that I've answered your question. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

      Delete
  15. Hi Sandra, fantastic card you have created again, beautiful under the sea scene! love the colours and stamps you have used.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card Sandra, lovely background with the waves and those cute little seahorses, your happy accident worked out really well as it spotlights the seahorses and the raindrops making great bubbles

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sandra, just gorgeous!! I love underwater scenes, and yours is completely hypnotizing! Your colours are perfectly dreamy and the use of the water droplets creates such a real sense of actually being under water!! LOVE IT! hope you had a great weekend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another lovely card Sandra. The waves created with the mountain stencil are really effective. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I would love to get back to it before too long but at present not doing any crafting. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandra, your card is absolutely fantastic. Great inking and the bubbles are so wonderful. Yes, it really seems that we had the same idea ;)
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant card. Isn't it great when something you've been worried about creating turns out fab? Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sandra,
    oh this is so very lovely and beautifully created and inked.
    I could do with some lessons from you as your work is fantastic and very lovely.
    I am impressed with the water droplets, and was wondering how to get them to look like that as I bought the stamp recently.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your seascape! So amazing and creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...