Monday, 15 August 2016

FSC Resist Stamping

Good morning all and hello to my new followers.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend.

It's time for another new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and the theme this time is 'Resist Stamping' and here's the card that I've made:


I made several attempts with different stamps before I finally made one that I was happy with. I know that I'm probably my worst critic but the end product has to feel right for me.

I started by stamping the Allium stamps by Inkylicious with a VersaMark ink pad and then heat embossed them with a white embossing powder.  Ordinarily, I would use clear embossing powder for the resist method but unfortunately, my VersaMark pad is quite messy and I can't really get a good, clear impression with it. Next, I sponged around the flowers with Dandelion ink to make them stand out a little.  I then sprinkled three shades of Brushos around my image, starting with Lemon, on and around the flowers, then Gamboge on the tips of the flowers before finishing with Turquoise around the outside of my card.

The Brushos are a new product to me and it's all just trial and error with them at the moment. They are such an exciting product to use as you just never know what you're going to end up with and the end result is always totally different depending on what type of paper or card you use.  For this one, I've used a stamping card.  The colours are so intense and you only need the tiniest amount to achieve and amazing result.  I have to say that it's quite a big leap of faith for me not knowing how the background's going to turn out and just going for it, but then that's the joy of them.  It's like watching magic happen, and the last time I felt like that with a crafting product was when I first discovered heat embossing!  I'm digressing here, so moving on swiftly..........

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images, just good old fashioned stamping.

My wonderful teamies have made some amazing inspirational pieces so please pop over to their blogs and take a look if you get the chance.  All their details can be found here, or at the FSC web site

We are as always, very generously sponsored by Leo over at Flonz Craft and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team,

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:



Thank you for visiting my blog today and I wish you a happy day and lots of happy crafting x

31 comments:

  1. Lovely background Sandra, it's like a fireworks explosion emitting from the Alliums and you are going to love working with Brushos, a couple of years on and I'm still not bored with them.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background and love the colours. Thanks for saying how you did this card. Love my Brushos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a stunning card Sandra, I love what you've done with the brushos. I've had mine about 18 months but only just beginning to get into them.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resist technique. Gorgeous colours and love how the colours on the background seem to burst from those pretty embossed flowers. Great job with the brusho's...you are going to love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandra, wonderful card and colours, the floral image is so lovely. Love how youv'e made a colour burst around the image. Never worked with Brushos but they seem to be very popular, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Sandra, love your experiment with brushos, I love the not knowing what is going to happen! Not always what I expect LOL.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so beautifulllllllll Sandra and fab colours
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is ace hun the colours and detail is fantastic gorgeous work hun love it massive hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's absolutely gorgeous!! The colors look amazing!! I love the embossed flowers!! This is so beautiful!! The sentiment is fabulous, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, and thanks for the reminder of resist embossing, I have a tendency to keep doing the same things...and I get bored. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card...love that stamp and brushos are one of my favourite things at the moment ! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - I love that stamp and Brushos are one of my favourite things at the moment...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card ... Sandma... Love the colours
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Sandra, beautiful image on that fabulous Brushos background..still have`nt purchase these yet.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeous and what lovely techniques you have used, they have certainly created the most lush colours...

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Sandra, love the effect with the Brushos and the colours you've used look gorgeous.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh this is lovely Sandra, great use of the Brusho's. I'm a big fan of embossing resit, and you've used the perfect stamp for it. I had to laugh about your Versa Mark - I have it's twin brother xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the background; it looks so good for the flowers! Beautiful card again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful!!
    Just want to let you know that I received the stamps too. What fast, right?
    Indeed, they are so beautiful! what a gift from them.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card Sandra. I love the beautiful backgrond. Great idea to make the technique with Brusho.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card Sandra - the colours blend together perfectly, and I can hardly believe that this was your first attempt with Brushos. I bought a box of Brushos last year and I have never used them, but you have now inspired me to "have a go" !! Thanks also for the lovely comment you left on my blog.
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card Sandra - the colours blend together perfectly, and I can hardly believe that this was your first attempt with Brushos. I bought a box of Brushos last year and I have never used them, but you have now inspired me to "have a go" !! Thanks also for the lovely comment you left on my blog.
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful blend of colours in the background, and the white flowers look so lovely as a focal image! The bow is a great bit!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful and what a background with Brushos as well. Love this Sandra!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and elegant card!
    Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is stunning Sandra. Love the emboss resist. Gorgeous combined with brushos. Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog. Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful! i love the colours and the background is fabulous! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sandra, wow...I love the effect of the brusho's on this!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a gorgeous stamp - I love those delicate wildflowers, and they make the perfect resist image.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous card using the Brushos. I saw a technique on Kathy K's blog the other day and had a go at it. Stamp with Versamark ink onto watercolour paper then sprinkle over a little Brusho powder and pounce the ink into the stamped area with a brush, tap off the excess and spritz lightly with water until you're happy with the result. HAVE FUN!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...