Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Crafty Individuals - Take Two

Hello my Crafty Friends,

I'm here today with the second card that I've made for this month's challenge over at Crafty Individuals.  Now, it's only as I'm writing this and putting in the link that I've found that I may have made a big mistake here, lets see if you can spot it........The Craft Individuals stamp that I've used is called  'Sweet Robin Redbreast'  Oh Dear Me!

Okay, let's start again....... I've made this card with a beautiful stamp from Crafty Individuals as the main focal point, and I've used my 'Artistic Licence' to paint the Robin in different colours. Phew, I think that  just about covers it!  ;)


I started by stamping the Robin with Versafine ink to give a crisp, clear image and I then stamped the branch below to give the little bird something to stand on. I masked off the Robin whilst I used Ink Dusters to create the background.  I used an Inkylicious sentiment that I thought would work well with the Robin stamp and I added interest to the background by using a Harlequin stencil. I then removed the mask and painted the bird.

The inks that I've used are:
  • Distress- Blueprint Sketch 
  • Distress- Tea Dye
  • Distress - Twisted Citron
  • Memento - Dandelion 
I'm not sure it's absolutely CAS, but it looked far too plain and uninspiring at its most basic, I'm now happy with the end result and I hope you like it too :)

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:



23 comments:

  1. An absolutely beautiful card Sandra. The colours are gorgeous and the little bird looks so delicate and pretty. That stencilled background is perfect too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card Sandra. This robin makes a perfect cas card. I am definitely with you and colouring this little chap in what ever colours you wish. It such a great bird image to put your own interpretation on it. Can you tell I love this stamp!! :) Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra,
    another of your very stunnig and super creations tday.
    I love everything about this gorgeous card.
    That bird is coloured to perfection as is your inking techniques.
    Who cares if it's a Robin it looks so lovely as it is.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artistic license works perfectly for this gorgeous stamp Sandra, I love the card and the colours you've used on the bird.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artistic licence is the real beauty of crafting Sandra and images can be anything we want them ti be, there are no rules.

    And I love the soft yellow and blues you have used on this lovely creation, I think it's one the many Great Tits in our garden and sits very prettily against the random inking.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's so fine and so beautiful Sandra, beautiful done

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a stunning card, love the background and your sweet little bird..

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely stunning!! The robin looks amazing!! Wow!! I love how you colored it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did make me laugh reading your post Sandra - I'm glad I'm not the only one who spots things after the event!!!! It's a beautiful card and such soft colours, love it,
    Leanne H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bird can be whatever you want it to be, and you have coloured it beautifully! Very delicate and pretty, and thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge for September. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super colouring of the bird and that subtile stamping in the background is so great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't have known it was a robin! I love your colouring and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the focal image set against your delicate backdrop. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little bird looks so sweet and the colouring is lovely.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous Sandra, love the little bird and you lovely background and colours,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is perfect for the CI challenge Sandra! Love this Robin stamp too, your card is gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful design, I love the subtle background. I've also scrolled down to see other colourful beauties that I've missed. Thanks for the tip of using dusters for shading with Distress Inks, I have them sitting unused :) Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely a beautiful clean and simple card, perfect Sandra and absolutely gorgeous! Thnak you for palying along with us to the Crafty Individuals challenge again! Hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure Mr Robin doesn't mind one little bit Sandra, anyways it's good to stand out from the crowd once in awhile.

    Very pretty.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty, love the inking you did on the background!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely soft colouring for this pretty card
    thanks for joining us at CI
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card, Sandra. So lovely.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...