Sunday, 11 September 2016

FSC Autumnal Colours

Good morning my crafty friends.

It's time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and the theme this time is 'Colours of Autumn.'  

I've taken some time here and actually remembered to take some photographs of my card and it's progression.

I started by cutting out a circular mask for the Sun and then coloured it using my Ink Dusters and Distress inks. I always use a deeper shade, or a second colour of ink on approximately one third of the outer edge of the sun to give it some shade.  You can see this here at the top left:


Next, I used a VersaMark embossing ink to add my silhouette image which is from Flonzcraft.  You shouldn't really be able to see the image at this stage as the VersaMark ink pad is clear but unfortunately, mine has been well used.  This isn't a problem when using dark embossing colours but it wouldn't be suitable if you were wanting to create a clear or white image.


I used a detailed black embossing powder and heat embossed it to create the silhouette figure.


The next bit is where my colour of Autumn come into play.  After masking off the Sun, I used a Stampin Up leaf stamp from the 'Lovely as a Tree' set to stamp randomly all over the card.  I used a Big and Juicy ink pad to do this as I knew that the colours would then all bend together beautifully. Unfortunately, these fabulous ink pads are no longer available.


The next bit was definitely a labour of love as it took me most of an afternoon to water colour each leaf that I'd stamped.  I tried to ensure at this point that I had a good selection of each of the Autumn colours.  Once again, I used the Big and Juicy ink pad for my colour palette. Once this was all dry, I used a sponge dauber around the sun to give it a warm glow and then dusted around the edge with a deep red to help fame my image.


Last leg now as I just needed to find a base card that would compliment the colours in my image, so I opted for a rich gold.  As you can see, I also layered my card with cream and black card too to create a frame.  
I think I've hit the brief here and I hope that you like the end result.

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images, just good old fashioned stamping.
We are so lucky to be sponsored every month by Leo over at Flonz Craft.  Their stamps are really well made and are great to work with and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team

Enjoy the rest of your day. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

24 comments:

  1. It's a really glorious Autumnal creation Sandra and colouring all those leaves really was a labour of love but worth every moment as it frames the Floz image beautifully.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sandra your make is gorgeous.

    Can you believe that Dot and I were Skyping this week and my first make for FSC was using the same Big and Juicy ink pad a leaf stamp from SU and watercolouring. Spooky eh!!!! Per usual I got side tracked and went off on another tangent.

    Again fabulous card well worth the effort. You have inspired me to finish mine now.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Sandra! I love the lovely Autumnal colour pallette, although I would like the summer to last a bit longer : ) I am looking forward to going to Alexandra Palace next Saturday I will of course be visiting Inkylicious and hope to see lots of your stunning cards on show. I will try and take photos..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Sandra this is stunning, and thank you for showing how you achieved this masterpiece.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks stunning Sandra! Thanks for the step x step process, it is great to see how it all comes together. My Versamark is a little on the 'dirty' side too.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a real Wow! card Sandra. The silhouette is gorgeous against that beautiful background. It was certainly worth the time spent colouring in those lovely autumn leaves. I love it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so much work, so much creativity and so worth it...Stunning! Glorious colours, layout and colouring...love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sandra your card is stunning, wonderful colours and images. Love the design too. A work of art but certainly worth the effort, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous Sandra and I have that leave stamp too.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sandra, such gorgeous colours and stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is lovely to see how you make a card like this; thanks!
    And a beauty it is again! always a treat to come here...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandra, what a gorgeous card and a great tutorial. Beautiful warm autumn-colors did you use.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeoous card with a fab design. You've created a wonderful background and a fantastic effect with the sillouette. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra,
    oh this is so gorgeous, and the colours and inking are so very autumnal and super.
    I love that Art Deco Lady stamp as I used to own a wonderful piece of china in that exact image.
    Thank you so much for your wonderful tuturoial.
    Such a pity abouth that stamp pad as it super.
    I always find you cards take my breath away as they are sooooooooooooooooo! perfectly coloured, and stamped.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!! The colors look amazing!! It was definitely worth the time it took!! Your tutorial is fabulous, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Sandra, it's a gorgeous background for the silhouette image.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunng card
    thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Sandra!Wonderful background you created too.

    Sorry I'm a bit late commenting, been a busy week so far here.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh wow hun stunning or what love,how you have created the silhouette,and the detail is fantastic as always hun,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The card is gorgeous. Beautiful background and silhouette. I love it.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card.... and a great tutorial... Thanks Sandma...
    Stunning work as always...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This beautiful Sandra and what patience to colour all those leaves!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the way you pulled this card together! It's so pretty! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...