Sunday, 6 November 2016

Forest Magic

Hello there, I hope that you are all keeping well and happy.

I was having a browse through the Craft Magazines whilst shopping this weekend and I came across a copy of Papercraft Inspirations which came with a free twenty piece stamp set called 'Forest Magic.' It was all woodland animals, trees and a Christmas Robin and as these things are right up my street, I had to buy it.

I had an idea of the sort of card that I wanted to make and here it is:


I started by by using a Clarity Woodland stencil. I masked off the moon and the snowy area and then created my night sky using Distress Bluepint Sketck, Adirondack Denim and Eggplant.  I let this dry before spritzing on white acrylic paint to create a starry night. Whilst the mask was still in place, I stamped the top row of trees.  I then removed the mask and stamped the smaller trees in front to give a more natural looking effect.

As I wasn't sure at this point how many animals I was going to use, I stamped and coloured them in using inks and water coloured pencils before sticking them onto my background.  Once the animals were in place, I then used a stencil to create the snowy hills and to ground the trees. Next, I used one of the snowflake stamps and a sentiment from the set and heat embossed them in white.  I then used my Ink Dusters with the Denim and Eggplant to dust around the edges of the card. I also used a touch of Distress Wilted Violet, which I thought would compliment to blue tone of the card.  I used a selection of the trees to create the bushes in the foreground and then dusted over them in purple. Last of all, I gently rubbed over the snowflakes and sentiment to brighten the up.

I'm really happy with the end result and very happy with my free stamps which I'm sure will get plenty of use, especially on masculine cards.

Wishing you all a wonderful day x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:









31 comments:

  1. I so like how you have used the stencil and we are looking into the moonlit night scene Sandra, then the animals and I also love Foxes - shouldn't really as they are always after our hens.

    Did mail you back the other day then remembered there had been issues before so hop it arrived OK, but if not you prize will be in the post tomorrow.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Stunning winter scene Sandra. Love the depth you have created.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is fabulous! A truly wonderful Winter scene! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely magical!! I could sit and look at all the little details for ages. I think it would make a gorgeous framed picture too.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning!! What a beautiful winter woodland scene, you've created!! I love the depth you achieve with shading and masking!! This is spectacular, my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely stunning winter scene Sandra, just amazing..

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Sandra it's gorgeous, you are really pulled into the beautiful scene. Beautifully designed and coloured, love it Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sandra - what a fabulous scene! Beautifully crafted and I love it! Loads of depth and a ton of work as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a stunning card, The stamps look wonderful Sandra. What a find they make such a gorgeous card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such attention to detail, the stencil frame is incredible and your scene has captured a frosty feel perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Sandra, I like the wonderful scene you have created
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Beautiful Sandra, you have created such a magical snowy scene! Those stamps are wonderful aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful atmospheric scene - love how you used the stencil. I have that too so thanks for the inspiration.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More. Lynn x DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW! What a fabulous scene - gorgeous card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandra,
    my word this card is soooooooooooooo! gorgeous.
    I love that wonderful scene you have created, and what superb inking.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've created such a wonderful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ich sitze hier mit offenem Mund....
    Was für eine herrliche romantische Winterlandschaft.
    Eine Karte die direkt mein Herz berührt.
    Wunderschön.
    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable, cute and so clever....love it x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the depth you have created on this beautiful card Sandra and the animals look so realistic too. I just got that magazine but not used the stamps yet know I won't be able to create anything as fabulous as yours.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful card.
    Hugs
    Kuni
    my new challenge blog start on the 10th november and i hope to see you.
    http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card Sandra, I really like the blues and whites of the scene and then the darkness of the lovely animals that brings them right to the foreground. A really nice piece,
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW WOW WOW, the card ist absolutely fantastic. Sooo wonderful, I love it.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  23. A fabulous card Sandra, love the winter scene and using the stencil really draws the eye in. Love the blue shades.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just to let you know you are an enabler! Bought this mag for the stamps as yours looks so fab - hope I can do them justice. Have to say was a little disappointed in the mag itself though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sandra this is amazing. I am a hopeless stamper with zillions of stamps.my OH....bless him... Keeps buying me the mags with free gifts on.....usually stamps. I don't like to tell him stamps and me don't mix. If you are ever in Cyprus please please contact me as I would love you to teach me and my crafters all about stamping. stunning creation ....so glad I found your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful scene, Sandra - it really does depict a winter wonderland. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is stunning....I love your scene...what perspective!...and oh so much work in it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning!! I love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...