Sunday, 13 November 2016

FSC 'Tis the Season'

Hello there,

It's time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. The theme this time is 'Tis The Season.'  and this one was chosen by our lovely Dot, She was happy for us to choose either an Autumn or Winter theme and as I really like to keep Christmas for December if I possibly can, I've opted for more of an Autumnal theme and here's the card that I've made:


For the main focal point of my card, I've used the 'Owl at Old Tree' stamp from Flonzcraft, and isn't he a beauty.


I coloured the Owl using various inks and watercolor pencils and then used a white pen to highlight some of his feathers. Once I was happy with the Owl, I masked him off before stamping the Midnight Tree in the background.  I used a Post-it-Note mask for the moon and then colored my early evening sky using Ink Dusters.  The sentiment that I've used is a Christmas stamp but as it had the exact wording of Dot's challenge, it seemed like the perfect choice.

For the outer border of my card, I used a the small Midnight Trees stamp by Inkylicious which I stamped with Memento Black Tuxedo before sprinkling over Light Brown and Orange Brusho inks. I then spritz them with water so that the colours would spread and blend into each other. Once this have completely dried, I sponged a little yellow and orange ink around the edges to fill in the gaps and give an extra burst of Autumn colour.

I finished my card by adding some Ivy which I made with a Memory Box die and then I mounted the image onto the background.  I opted for a white border in between to match the Moon and the outer edge of the card. I thinks that's Autumn well and truly done now for another year but it's been such a beautiful Season as always.

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images, just good old fashioned stamping.

My wonderful teamies have made some amazing inspirational pieces so please pop over to their blogs and take a look if you get the chance.  All their details can be found here, or at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges web site, along with the rules for the challenge.

We are as always, very generously sponsored by Leo over at Flonz Craft and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team,

I'm entering this car into the following challenges:

35 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra, you have coloured up this owl so beautifully!!! The white border really makes it pop. It made me smile to see the words the same as the challenge theme too. Love this.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation Sandra, you have achieved such depth of colour with the clever border stamping and then that glorious Owl centre stage. Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sandra...
    deine Karte ist wunderschön.
    Eine herrliche Szene mit der Eule im Baum.
    Und auch farblich perfekt.

    Herzlichst Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, Sandma!! I just bought the large winter tree this week, and you have really inspired me...the timing couldn't be better! :-)

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gorgeous image that you've used for this stunning card Sandra. The colours that you've used in the border you created are gorgeous too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely creation Sandra! That owl is just gorgeous, so proud sitting up there. Your colouring is superb and it has a wonderful, warm, autumnal feel flowing out of it.
    Lots of love,
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Sandra - and brilliant colouring too. A perfect Autumn card and a splendid bird as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, wow, wow! A stunning creation, Sandra! I love it very much - trees and owls, who could ask for more?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both the main panal as the backgroumd looks so stunning! Beautiful coloured own (great stamp!) and a real warm autumncard ths way! Hope you have a warm and relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous fall card, the trees and Owl are amazing. Happy Sunday, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! My word Sandra you do make some fabulous projects. It's always a treat to visit. TFS.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is a beautiful card! I love your scene you have created, that owl is amazing and so beautiful. I love the way you have colored him. Just sitting here looking at this card in awe! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sandra, the card ist very beautiful, super designed. The owl is amazing.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Sandra, what an amazing owl and so beautifully coloured. Love the sentiment.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every one of your cards is a work of art!! Wow!! You totally bring images to life in color!! I love the scene you've created!! This is spectacular!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card design Sandra, beautiful coloured owl he looks amazing.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! Absolutely wonderful Sandra, what a beautiful owl image and you've coloured it brilliantly. Fabulous background and colours. A work of art, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. He looks like a very wise old owl, wonderfully coloured ! Another beautiful card! I hope you have a good week Sandra, and keep warm in this horrid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bravo Sandra! What a fabulous card rich with details. Love how you added branches to the owl and tree image!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fave stamp of mine Sandra and you have displayed him perfectly.

    His cute little face looks so sad plus the way you have him sitting on that tree makes me think he is waiting for someone. Hope she turns up lol.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card for our current challenge of 'FEATURE A CREATURE', such a cute image too.Thanks for joining in.
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandra,
    what a very superb card and I do very much love your design.
    That owl looks anazing, as does your wonerfully created background too.
    You are so very talented, and clever.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What gorgeous work on this amazing card, Sandra! Sensational coloring of this wonderful owl! I also love the way you have worked the vines into the tree! So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous, love owls, a brilliant card with great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card, beautiful design.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card, Sandra. The colours are so very seasonal and the owl is a triumph. Beautiful! Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning! Thanks for featuring a creature for my challenge theme at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing card! This would make a great entry over at the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow hun love love this stamp I love owls and I am lucky enough to see them around here in the fields simply stunning sweetie fantastic hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card , absolutely love the colouring on the owl.
    Best Wishes Lilian in Cornwall

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is stunning. Thanks for playing long with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow. Wow. Wow. That border around your focal image is so intriguing and so beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Glorious card. Love the colouring in and the layout is beautiful. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments, very much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous creation! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper challenge this month x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...