Sunday, 11 December 2016

FSC 'The Night Before Christmas'

Hello there,

I'm here today with the card that I've made for our new challenge over at 'Fashionable Stamping Challenges' and the theme this time is 'Anything Goes,' chosen by our lovely Shirley.

It's actually the first Anniversary this month of my joining the Fashionable Stamping Design Team and I've loved every single minute.  I couldn't quite believe it when Shirley asked me if I would like to join them and I still have to keep pinching myself to believe it!  My teamies are such a lovely bunch of ladies and they are all extremely talented and have their own unique styles of stamping. I feel really proud and honoured to be part of such a fabulous team and would like to thank each and every one of them for making my first year such a pleasure :) x

Now moving on to business.......

As we are now well and truly into December, I thought that I would go all out with the festive bling and create a scene around the Night Before Christmas.


I knew that I wanted to use the Girl Reading a Book by Flonz as my main focal image when just by chance I found some old Christmas cards with pictures of a fireplace on them which were just perfect for what I needed. I stamped the girl using VersaMark and then heat embossed her using a detailed black embossing powder. I then cut out a window using a Marianne Window die and used this to frame my image.  Having done this, I then needed to create the outside Christmas scene.......

I started by stamping the bricks using Distress Tea Dye and the Old Wall stamp by Inkylicious and then tore strips of white card to make the snow drifts.  The lamp is by Flower Soft. I stamped it onto white card and then pained it grey, I then used a gold pen to pick out the intricate metal parts before cutting it out and adding it to the card.

No Christmas would be complete without a tree and so I used a stamp that I've had for years by Sheena Douglass.  I cut out the tree and then set about trimming it up.  I started by wrapping gold wire around it which I thought might give it some texture and dimension but unfortunately, it was too thin and just didn't show up, so I then went over the wire with gold Stickle glue which looked much better. As I wanted to give the impression of clear white lights, I used small diamond gems.

I was happy with my scene at this point but still felt it was lacking a little something, so I used some die cut Ivy to frame the top of the card.

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images or too many die cuts, just good old fashioned stamping, and lots of it!

My wonderful teamies have made some amazing inspirational pieces so please pop over to their blogs and take a look if you get the chance.  All their details can be found here, or at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges web site, along with the rules for the challenge.

We are as always, very generously sponsored by Leo over at Flonz Craft and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team,

Wishing you a wonderful day x



21 comments:

  1. It's a terrific way to use the Flonz image Sandra, one can imagine she is reading T'was the night before Christmas to the children before they hand their stockings. The you have so effectively carried the scene outside with the tree and light, all nicely lit for Santa and Rudolph - can you tell I exist in a fantasy world ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Sandra a whole year with FSC, where did that time go. Your creations are always so amazing and this one is up there as one of the best.

    Clever thought process with the fireplace behind your silhouette image and the window framing her is another perfect addition.

    Stickles are fabulous to use at Christmas time and sadly about the only time I use them now.

    Used silver stickles for my wallhanging, put them on the snowman's arms, thought they might look like icicles hanging down!!!

    Bit side tracked there - lol - back to the card. You should have been happy with the card but definitely agree that the black hanging ivy finished it all off beautifully.

    Can't wait to see all your fabulous makes for 2017. Have a great weekend.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sandra, what a wonderful card, designed beautifully with the girl reading behind the window, all elements to your card are fabulous as your colouring is too, absolutely love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a stunning card Sandra. I love how you put it altogether (thanks for the quick tutorial).

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just stunning!! I love it! So magical and Christmassy! I love the whole gorgeous scene!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever how you've put this delightful scene together. So creative X congratulations on the one year anniversary too, they are so lucky to have you on their team x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous card, so much detail to create the amazing scene. Happy Sunday, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra, what a wonderful idea to put the reading lady behind a window. I must look away... I also have the stamp.
    Your card ist fantastic!!!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh clever lady!!! What a lovely, homely looking card Sandra - I want to live in that house!!! A lot of work has gone in to this and you've got it all spot on. Warm and kind comes across from this card, you've put a small part of you in to this make Sandra.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is stunning, Sandra!! I love the scene you've created!! The bricks look amazing!! The details are just perfect!! What a gorgeous card this is my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra. Wow...this scene just ooozes what Christmas is all about. Looove it.
    It's a very clever idea for putting the tinsel on the tree! And you always have such a beautiful way of combining stamps.
    One year already??? Gee, that went fast! It's been a real honour working on the team with you. I can't wait to see what the next 12 months brings.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandra I love your card. So many inspirational ideas......a very clever crafter x You visited me and asked about adding your card to Crafting with Dragonflies challenge ' Get your Christmas On' The link is there under the post. There are about eight entries so far so I don't think there's a problem with the link. If it's getting to the blog that is a problem the link in my sidebar definitely works as I've just used it!! Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous card Sandra and I love the little scene inside the window as well as the one outside.
    Can't believe where the last 12 months have gone - it's been great working with you.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra,
    another really super and gorgeous creation.
    I love all the wonderful work involved with this.
    You are too modest your talent is fantastic and I wish I could creat as good as you, and your work is amazing too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Sandra. Lovely mix of elements.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another stunning card Sandra! I love the silhouette of the girl reading the book. I expect she has a hot mug of hot chocolate nearby : ) wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandra, thanks for pointing the way to Fashionable Stamping, I've just added my card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi from Aussie Sandra and thanks heaps for joining me as a follower, I am following you as well, and for your inspiring comment. Love your card and that silhouette is beautiful. I am in love with stamping instead of digi's now and have dragged all of mine out of hiding and having a ball. Trying out my gelli plate which I have had for a couple of years and never used it, well today was trial and error... keep smiling..xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks sereen and still there s so much to see! Great to see a totally different scene from your hand! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fab scene you created - a lovely card. My clarity bauble cards you commented on where inspired by your creations. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...