Sunday, 8 January 2017

FSC 'Winter or Spring'

Good morning, I hope you're all enjoying a lovely, relaxing weekend.

It's time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and the theme this time is 'Winter or Spring' and it was chosen this time by our lovely teamie Carola.

I've been wanting to use my 'Gibson Kids' stamp by Flonz for a while now and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I decided to make this card using Kraft card as I love how the snowy images just pop. Here's my card:


I started by stamping the Gibson child using Distress Ground Espresso and then masked the image before using a Mountain Valley stencil by Inkylicious, to created my snowy hills,  I used Frost White ink by Colour BoxInk Dusters and Finger Daubers to do this.  When the hills were finished, I then used VersaMark ink to stamp in varies sizes of Snowy Trees by Inkylicious and then heat embossed them with a white embossing powder. To finish the trees, I painted them in with white acrylic paint and then used Fluffy Puffy Stuff to make them stand out against the snowy background.

To frame the image, I stamped the Twiggy Branch, first in Ground Espresso and then again with the VersaMark before heat embossing with a white powder.

I stamped the sentiment firstly with VersaMark, then heat embossed with white powder before stamping again with the Ground Espresso to create a shadow.

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images or too many die cuts, just good old fashioned stamping.

My wonderful teamies have made some amazing inspirational pieces so please pop over to their blogs and take a look if you get the chance.  All their details can be found here, or at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges web site, along with the rules for the challenge.

We are as always, very generously sponsored by Leo over at Flonz Craft and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team,

Wishing you all a wonderful day x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

That's Crafty - Anything goes
The Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes
Country View Challenges - Anything Goes

26 comments:

  1. Oh Sandra, what a stunning card, and such a beautiful winters scene, I use to love going sledging as a child and with my children too..

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a super wintery scene Sandra, the trees look laden with frost and the white against the kraft really does work so well, I should remember to do it more often. And your mention of fluffy puffy stuff reminded me I bought some at the Thetford show and not seen it since, hmmmm sounds like my craft rooms needs a clear out.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab winter scene, has cooled me down with out heat here. Love your fluffy puffy gear, I have something similar in a tube which is cool when puffed up with the heat gun.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra. Wow!!! What a great idea to stamp in Ground Espresso onto craft card...and then bring on the snow. Such beautiful effects which match this stamp perfectly! Pure innocence. A totally gorgeous card.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great snowy scene for the kid! Looks a bit like yesterday here (without the hight...) Enjoy your sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous makes at FSC using the same stamp but each one is totally different.

    Way to go Sandra this is how stamps should be used. The little Gibson boy looks as if he is having so much fun and everything matches to perfection, clever ole you x x

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me smile Sandra, it makes we want to shout " weeeee!!!!" as he goes down that hill!!! A lovely vintage feel to it and those trees really pop of that page. Love the brown and white theme too. Lots of love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the White on the kraft background, it makes a truly beautiful scene. The fluffy puffy sounds like fun : ) I am going to look at the wonderful Fionz stamps today and pick some out as I was the lucky random winner last time! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Sandra, love how you framed the scene with the twiggy branches and the cute child on the sledge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra what a gorgeous card and design.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card Sandra. Love the snowy landscape against the kraft background xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, this is stunning, Sandra!! I love the wintry scene you've created!! The hills and trees look amazing!! The twiggy branches are a perfect touch!! I love this so much!! Wow!! So, so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Sandra, always love Kraft on White. Love the little scene and the trees just pop of the page - must check out the Fluffy Puffy Stuff!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful scene on this fabulous card Sandra! love the stamp used.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning...it should be framed!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG absolutely stunning Sandra, beautifully designed card, love the image and your scene, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandra, your card is very beautiful. Sweet how the child rides the mountain. Yes it's interesting to see that we have both used the same stamp as our focal point and yet the cards are both so completely different.
    Have a nice new week.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this is absolutely fabulous!! Those hills really look 3D! Stunning creation! I wish I was good at stamping like you! lol
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandra,
    oh what a very gorgeous card, and your work on this is fantastic.
    That scene you have created looks superb.
    Love the wonderful white and kraft colours.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A stunning card Sandra, I love how you've created your scene and the addition of the gorgeous child on the sledge.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow I thought that was a printed image, what a fab stamp and beautifully brought to life by your colouring. As always a wonderful layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card, I love the winter scene you created. Happy 2017 ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful work, Sandra! Do you have any ideas where I can get the Ink Dusters in the US? I tried to click on the 'button' to email you and it wouldn't work. Also, do you know why Inylicious can't mail products outside of the UK? I'm wondering if cosmetic brushes would work instead of the Ink Dusters, since I can't get them? I also tried clicking on your Tutorials and nothing happened...is it not working? Thanks for any info you can give me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marie, Thank you for your comment. I've just checked the links on my blog page and they're all working fine on my computer but the 'Tutorials' page won't open on my iPad for some reason. This looks like a Blogger issue and so I apologise on their behalf. If you right click over the email address logo, it does then give you an option to copy the email address. Inkylicious don't ship to the US themselves but they are starting to sell some of their products through:

      https://www.simonsaysstamp.com

      I've just checked the link for you and their logo is on now but the products haven't been added yet. This should be happening within the next few weeks. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for updates.

      I hope this information helps you Marie x

      Delete
  24. aw this is so very beautiful - kraft and white - I adore this - Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute card ! thank you so much for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...