Sunday, 12 February 2017

FSC - It's Just a Number

Hello there my crafty friends,

I'm here today to share a card with you that I've made for this month's challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.  The theme this time is 'It's Just a Number' and was chosen by my wonderful teamie Brenda

I thought this one might be a bit of a struggle for me as I only own one small very basic set of number stamps and so I decided to use a clock stencil as the main number feature.


I started by using some of my homemade embossing paste, through the stencil and onto some stamping card.  Once this was dry, I used various inks to colour the background and then I randomly stamped some numbers and clocks around the outside of the large clock.  

I rubbed some gold gilding wax over the clock but it just didn't look right and so I used some sandpaper to take it back to the original white colour of the paste. This made the numbers stand out and I was then happy with the look of it.

As the card had a bit of a Steam Punk feel to it, I thought I would add some  stamped images from Flonz Craft to continue the theme.  The Gibson Girl is one of my favourites from Flonz Craft and I find that I use it time and time again,  The two men are from another set which I love called 'True Gentlemen.'

We would love you to join us in this challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge, so please don't use digital images or too many die cuts, just good old fashioned stamping, and lots of it!

My wonderful teamies have made some amazing inspirational pieces so please pop over to their blogs and take a look if you get the chance.  All their details can be found here, or at the Fashionable Stamping Challenges web site, along with the rules for the challenge.

We are as always, very generously sponsored by Leo over at Flonz Craft and one lucky random winner will receive a $20 voucher to be used online.  There will also be a Top 3 spotlight, chosen by the Design Team,

Wishing you all a wonderful day x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

The Male Room Challenge - Numbers
Craft Stamper Challenge February - Anything Goes

25 comments:

  1. Another Great card Sandra, homemade embossing paste sounds interesting ! I will have to put my thinking cap on for this challenge as I don't think I have any number Stamps either, Hugs to your new Grandson xx Have a lovely Sunday : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a super take on the them Sandra, the focal clock really draws the eye and then you take in the smart Gents and that lovely face in the middle of the clock. And of course your use of colour really lends itself to the various elements.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super Sandra, so vintage and must confess, I've never made my own embossing paste! I really enjoyed reading how you got there with this one, well done you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is an absolutely stunning card Sandra. I love the stamps you've used and your hand made texture paste looks amazing. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Sandra, love the images and a wonderful vintage look, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Sandra, love the placement of your images with the clock stencil, it really draws the eye in. Love the background, gives a great vintage look.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. An elegant and warn card! Looks so good that you let the gents look in respect to the lady:)... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, Sandra!! I love the clock stencil!! The colors are beautiful!! The stamping is fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fantastic detail and depth to this wonderful card Sandra. Gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card, Sandra. Wonderful idea.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite image, the Gibson Girl! gorgeous card design Sandra.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! So stream punk!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Sandra. Super design.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a clever idea to use the clock for your numbers. Lots of detail and great idea to pop the lady in the middle. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous creation x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your take on the numbers challenge Sandra and that Gibson lady is a real classic,fab card' Thanks for your very kind comments on my blog, actually you have just given me a bit more inspiration, haven't played with embossing paste for some time and I do have a nice numbers stencil !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your take on the challenge theme with the embossed clock and that lovely classic Gibson girl, fab card. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog and you have actually just given me a bit more inspiration, I haven't played with embossing paste for ages and I do have a rather nice number stencil.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandra. This is a wonderful take on the number's challenge! I love the story that it tells with the gents and lady and time...and the background has so many amazing layers in it to see. Love this!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome make Sandra, I don't think I made my numbers a focal point on mine enough, loving this..x{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's worked out wonderfully, love the images you chose and the clock frame looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh hun this looks amazing love the clock stunning hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think your vintage take on the numbers theme is great! Lots of texture and great colours. Thanks so much for playing along with our Numbers challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You made such a beautiful card :-)) I like idea with clock.
    Thanks for playing at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  23. Phew finally made my way here Sandra. Hope the new addition to the family is still behaving himself and your not spoiling him to much?

    The stencil really showcases your make and makes it pop off the page plus those two gentlemen look as if they are going to have a dual to see who wins the Gibson girl. She is one of my all time fave stamps and your colouring in is amazing.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very clever use of numbers, a perfect vintage style card. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...