Friday, 17 March 2017

Chocolate Baroque

Good morning,

Are we all ready for the weekend then?  I love weekends as they usually give me the opportunity to spend some time in my craft room, which I love.

I'm here today to share a card that I've made for the colour challenge over at Chocolate Baroque.  I love Chocolate Baroque stamps and I've really enjoyed watching Lesley Wharton demonstrate them recently on Hochanda, I think she's a true crafter and a great inspiration to both new and accomplished stampers.  I've watched the challenges come and go but I haven't joined in before as I only own one set of their stamps but when I saw the latest colour challenge, I thought I would have a go and join in this time, so here's my creation:


All of the stamps that I've used are from the 'Wild Meadow' set and the inks that I've used are: Memento - Dandelion; Lulu Lavender; Tuxedo Black; Adirondack - Terra Cotta; Cranberry; Versafine Black Onyx.

I used Ink Dusters to colour the background with the yellow ink and then used a circular mask to create the Sun by going over the sky again with more yellow and then with terracotta.  Next, I used a stencil to add the mountains.  With my background now in place, I stamped the flower and I used some bleach to take out the colour.  I then water coloured the head of the flower with the purple and cranberry and the part below was coloured with cranberry and terracotta. When this was dry, I highlighted the edges with a white pen. I stamped around the edge of the card with another stamp from the set and then used a finger dauber, first with purple, then cranberry to create a vignette to draw the eye into the image.  Finally, I finished by adding a computer printed butterfly.  I stuck the butterfly onto card and then fussy cut it out before curving the wings to give them some dimension.

That's me all done for today so I'll wish you all a happy weekend and hopefully lots of happy crafting :)


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

34 comments:

  1. Such a stunning little scene you've made with the stamps Sandra, gorgeous colours too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you loved this colour scheme Sandra - perfect for you and your style! Super scene here, so peaceful and delicate - great work well done! Lots of love, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Sandra. Beautifully created as always. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly beautiful and deserving of a spot on a wall somewhere! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is so beautiful Sandra. Absolute stunner.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a gorgeous scene you've created!! The colors are beautiful!! I love how you framed it with the stems!! The butterfly is stunning!! Love, love this!! Wow!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous how you have framed the whole picture Sandra. Beautiful make and a fabulous card to look at.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Sandra this is stunning, I love your design and interpretation of the colours for the challenge, fabulous stamping and I love the stems framing the scene. Good luck with the challenge, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandra,
    oh my word Sandra this is so superb, and so very wonderfully inked and created.
    I love your wonderul work and design.
    I would love to watch you create as I could learn some wonderful techniques from you.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card Sandra I love these cards from you.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really stunning card Sandra, gorgeous background and a lovely image.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Sandra, love the scene you created and gorgeous colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sandra this is truly fabulous. The colours are so beautiful and the scene is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! What a beautiful colourin on the butterfly. Stunning scene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that you entering this card by Stamping Sensations this month. Thank you!

      Delete
  15. A beautiful card Sandra, that flower looks stunning against your gorgeous background.
    Have a great weekend.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow I love how the edges fade out! Just stunning!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have read your text not good, sorry, I see that the butterfly is printed. But it looks so beautiful, so good added. You are always good with colour so I think the butterfly is colourized by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a real beauty Sandra and certainly showcases the CB stamps beautifully with your lovely scene which has a feel of the mystical about it. I may be a tad biased but also find Lesley so inspirational, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning, love this Sandra and am impressed as the colours are so gorgeous too.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  20. A stunning card Sandra. What a beautiful scene and the colouring is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous scene Sandra! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow hun this is stunning such a beautiful card hun love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow your card is stunning! Love the subtile details you made in the background; it makes such an elegant podium for the flower and butterfly!
    The days go so fast here, almost as fast as the wind outside today :)! Enjoy your weekend; hope it is a good and relaxing one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always love your light touch and creativity when you use the ink dusters. Yes your card does draw your eye in beautifully. Great colour combination and the 'flower' stamp is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning scene, gorgeous colours, and brilliant inking, Sandra! I love it! The butterfly looks real! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely calming scene, Sandra! Your warm coloring has made this scene absolutely stunning!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful scene Sandra the colours are fabulous. I also love CB stamps. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. A very pretty card, and I'm really glad that one of our colour swatches finally caught your eye. Great use of the colours, and thanks so much for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Such pretty sponging, very dramatic. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  30. Back with my DT hat on! Thanks so much for sharing with is at Penny Black & More.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A wonderful card, Sandra, and a great entry for our close to nature challenge at Stamping Sensations. Thanks for joining us this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a delightful scene you've created! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...